Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They are different kinds of players. Or at least from what I’ve seen. Lavia plays the Bruno role at Soton. A lot of the game is in front of him. Beats a player or two with skill and quick feet. And short bursts of pace and power. Lots of sliding tackles.  

Tonali seems more like the Longstaff role. Everywhere around the pitch. Smart interception. Running with the ball in transition.  Long busting runs. Good feet.  Set pieces. 

Tonali Bruno Joe is a powerful midfield with ability.  Add a playmaker type and then we’re laughing.  If we add another I think it will be as good as any Klopp midfield.  

You admitted yourself you only watched Tonali in some you tube clips, yet you have the lad nailed on exactly how he plays. That’s some going. It’s amazing what some people can accomplish over 8 minutes of highlights. You Dennis Wise?

Edited by reefatoon

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I really like Lavia as a player. He probably has a better passing range than Tonali, but he doesn't have the ball recovery ability, engine or ability to drive forward that Tonali has. Different kinds of players really.

Yep. There's some weird takes on here like. We sign a world class player, and for some reason fans want to compare him unfavourably to a totally different player with different qualities. I'm sure Lavia is a fantastic player in his own right, but Tonali looks a great fit for us.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, TRon said:

Yep. There's some weird takes on here like. We sign a world class player, and for some reason fans want to compare him unfavourably to a totally different player with different qualities. I'm sure Lavia is a fantastic player in his own right, but Tonali looks a great fit for us.

Imagine sitting next to him at a match man, suck the life out of you.

26 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Quite amusing how Milan fans are saying "you sell Tonali and we riot" "he's our next Leader, the future of this club, priceless!" 

Then.. "60M? Hahahahha you fucking mugs" 

I mean that comes across as not valuing your club much [emoji38]

images (3).jpeg

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Add Maddison into it and I think we’ve got the 2nd best midfield in the league 

Can you imagine Guimarães, Tonali and Maddison? Yea, would be insanely good.

So many players have improved for us over the last 18 months and yet there's still a ridiculous lack of commentary from all corners that take into the account what our coaching staff has done and the potential for improvement. I can't wait to bask in the tears of everyone saying we overpaid 8-10 months from now.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

So many players have improved for us over the last 18 months and yet there's still a ridiculous lack of commentary from all corners that take into the account what our coaching staff has done and the potential for improvement. I can't wait to bask in the tears of everyone saying we overpaid 8-10 months from now.

We've been underrated ever since the takeover. Jan 2022 we we're going down and appointed the wrong manager. June 2022 we were just a temporary form team and wouldn't get top 6 next season. January 2023 we were going to drop out of the top 4 eventually. Next season they don't think we have a chance of getting top 4. If we get it, hopefully they've finally learnt their lesson..

Edited by Erikse

18 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Add Maddison into it and I think we’ve got the 2nd best midfield in the league 

It's certainly looking very tasty. We were down to the bare bones against Chelsea final day, so we still need another player. 

If there is one stat we had last season that was not elite, it was possession, 53% vs. 58% or higher by the other top clubs, Brighton included. If we can control the ball more, more good things will happen.

Just now, Stottie said:

It's certainly looking very tasty. We were down to the bare bones against Chelsea final day, so we still need another player. 

If there is one stat we had last season that was not elite, it was possession, 53% vs. 58% or higher by the other top clubs, Brighton included. If we can control the ball more, more good things will happen.

That may be in part down to our speed of breaking. I'm sure there was a stat about how we were quickest from winning possession to creating a chance and given that our XGa was high, that's not a bad thing. So overall possession  stats isn't a great worry. More so is that when teams defended with a low block and broke well we struggled to break them down.