NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm left-footed and only played casually 

but I had to play left-sided centre-back. I always felt awkward on the right-side it just didn't feel natural. 

@Dr Venkman I'm sure you were a lefty too? Might have been Duffy. I remember when we'd play for the Reds v Blues or NOFC I'd always have to send you to the right because I couldn't do it. :lol: You were a boatload better than me but if you were it'd be interesting to see if it was the same for you. 

Guessing because there's more right-footed players there'll be a lot more right-footed partnerships who've been used to playing LCB or ECB from a young age so it comes more naturally. I hated it though. 

Morning. No I’m right footed and have always been pretty useless with my left. We were a formidable partnership, though, no denying that.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be surprised if this is true 

Why would you be surprised? I know he’s a striker and we’ve got 2 good ones already but En-Nesryi would be right up our street. A hard-working, physical beast who (imo) is the most aerially dominant striker in world football. We were interested in DCL last year and this guy is  already the player we thought he’d become.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Why would you be surprised? I know he’s a striker and we’ve got 2 good ones already but En-Nesryi would be right up our street. A hard-working, physical beast who (imo) is the most aerially dominant striker in world football. We were interested in DCL last year and this guy is  already the player we thought he’d become.

I just think we will get Tonali plus another midfielder, a left back and maybe Schar cover. That would be quite a big outlay and I can’t see us bringing anyone else in.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I just think we will get Tonali plus another midfielder, a left back and maybe Schar cover. That would be quite a big outlay and I can’t see us bringing anyone else in.

Not necessarily. Wouldn't be surprised to see some use of the loan market to get round FFP.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ah okay, fair enough.

I just meant In terms of play style etc. he’s a perfect Howe player and would replace Wood as the target-man/ hold-up striker. He’s basically the big Kiwi on steroids.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Not necessarily. Wouldn't be surprised to see some use of the loan market to get round FFP.

Possibly although Howe himself mentioned a while back how the loan market is very difficult for us as no club wants to do us any favours.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Possibly although Howe himself mentioned a while back how the loan market is very difficult for us as no club wants to do us any favours.

I think that's gone now. They know we are there and there's little they can do. They just have to look after themselves and treat us just as they treat others (that could easily change and expect a quick change of rules again should we "loan" Neves or some such). Then there's non Englush clubs who would just be after the best deal for themselves regardless.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Nah. Poor control and technically not the best- sure- but he’s a good finisher, a big game player, a hard -worker and could jump over a building.

Never a good finisher in a million years. Seen him miss chance after chance for both Sevilla and Morocco.

A big lump and can get his head on things, that's about it.

I don't think Harvey Barnes offers us much more than we've already got. 

Admittedly I've only seen Szoboszlai on You tube, but he shows those extra bits of class that attract attention. Captain of his country at 22 is also impressive.

5 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I don't think Harvey Barnes offers us much more than we've already got. 

Admittedly I've only seen Szoboszlai on You tube, but he shows those extra bits of class that attract attention. Captain of his country at 22 is also impressive.

I’d rather get Chiesa - potentially offers so much to the team - plays all 3 forward positions - get a good pre season out of him and he’ll defo be on his way back 

it’s a gamble I would 100% take 

Don’t think Harvey Barnes is at the level or has the potential ceiling required for the money he’d cost. He seems to do pretty much everything at an ok level but looks pretty good at taking a chance which, imo makes him appear better than he is.