NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

22 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

What do you reckon of the chances of Chiesa loan with an obligation to buy next season?

I feel like we are trying to get a few of these sort of deals sorted. 

Luke Edwards was saying the same 

Looking at loans due to FFP 

Loans with obligation to pay at a later date  to help mitigate FFP 

Its pretty frustrating seeing other teams splashing the cash but because of Ashley running us on a shoestring / Skelton staff / poor commercial deals 

Hes left us light years behind 

I remember Ashley apologists saying he was a great businessman and left us in a great place financially ???

couldn’t be more wrong , 

He sent us backwards 

Edited by JonBez comesock

This is why the dreams of signing three more players for £100m combined was a fantasy. The Tonali deal was a big chunk. Depressing stuff, but we are miles ahead of where we thought we’d be. Still need another year of on field success, along with Ashworth & co sealing off field deals and sponsorship

i still think there’s £50m there to spend, but the loan market could be an attractive route. 

Edited by Toon88

It does sound like we are the only ones even remotely concerned with staying within FFP. 

Yes we've spent a bit in the last year or so, but nothing more than should be reasonably expected looking at where we were and have been.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

It does sound like we are the only ones even remotely concerned with staying within FFP. 

Yes we've spent a bit in the last year or so, but nothing more than should be reasonably expected looking at where we were and have been.

Every club will be, it's why Wolves are selling players for fun and Everton still can't afford to do loads just yet.

If we don’t bag £5m from Darlow, I’d be disappointed, especially given he’s got two years left

Lascelles is another one I think we could bag £8-£10m on. I’d sell and sign Tosin Adarabioyo for free. Would be great business.

Edited by Toon88

25 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Luke Edwards was saying the same 

Looking at loans due to FFP 

Loans with obligation to pay at a later date  to help mitigate FFP 

Its pretty frustrating seeing other teams splashing the cash but because of Ashley running us on a shoestring / Skelton staff / poor commercial deals 

Hes left us light years behind 

I remember Ashley apologists saying he was a great businessman and left us in a great place financially ???

couldn’t be more wrong , 

He sent us backwards 

These say it all:

5067aa8a-14c6-497f-a5f3-6664101c3678_295

95b67e19-0e3c-46c4-9235-5752dc1af7cc_186

b71f3aaa-9bad-4c64-ac7c-59092187f4e5_180

34b0df07-bb4c-49ba-9966-b96c16204247_186

f10524ca-dcad-4110-b20e-f3d9ebaabf0f_194

Guest reefatoon
5 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

That would still mean another season with Burn as left back ?

Fucking hell man, he was absolutely fine.

Find it annoying as fuck the stick he gets, it’s baffling.

As above I think we will sign one more biggish name 

then two (loans) or smaller fees with players with potential or squad players with more quality than we currently have 

The owners / hierarchy always said it was a slow build , which is fine with me

it does put pressure on all of our signings to be the exact fit (or we will temporarily plateau / fall slightly behind)

We just have to be patient and build our revenue streams 

It will make it more satisfying when we do open the cheque book up and compete at the top 

Edited by JonBez comesock

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Fucking hell man, he was absolutely fine.

Find it annoying as fuck the stick he gets, it’s baffling.

It’s not stick, he’s just our weakest link and go into another season with him as a first choich left back wouldn’t be good imo.

“Bournemouth open talks over AZ Alkmaar defender Milos Kerkez but face having to pay over £20m for the Hungarian amid interest from Newcastle, Leicester and Leeds”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12259405/Bournemouth-open-talks-20m-rated-AZ-Alkmaar-defender-Milos-Kerkez.html

we’ll get one or two of these type signings I reckon, before the window shuts. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“Bournemouth open talks over AZ Alkmaar defender Milos Kerkez but face having to pay over £20m for the Hungarian amid interest from Newcastle, Leicester and Leeds”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12259405/Bournemouth-open-talks-20m-rated-AZ-Alkmaar-defender-Milos-Kerkez.html

we’ll get one or two of these type signings I reckon, before the window shuts. 

I’m sure someone on here previously mentioned Kerkez.

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

What do you reckon of the chances of Chiesa loan with an obligation to buy next season?

I feel like we are trying to get a few of these sort of deals sorted. 

I don't know if we'll be able to get Chiesa (but I'll take him all day long) but the idea of loan deals has made me think we might still be able to land a couple of high quality players with a loan to buy deal. I'm pleased we are considering it if it's true.

I'm loving this journey ..I never expected 100m signings and 300k a week players..we're buying players that in the future will command that type of money ..but we'll be in a position to offer it in time..

Last season was atleast 2-3 years earlier than expected.. brilliant that it was it may not happen next season.. and that's ok because the journey is still on course.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't know if we'll be able to get Chiesa (but I'll take him all day long) but the idea of loan deals has made me think we might still be able to land a couple of high quality players with a loan to buy deal. I'm pleased we are considering it if it's true.

Agree with the loan to buy approach depending on how many more players we want actually become available.

Whats your (anyone’s actually) view on Chiesa? Few years ago he looked the real deal. Has he lost a few yards of pace or movement since his injuries? Any sign of him recovering that form? Or is his demise exaggerated? Not seen him play since those Euro’s.

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I'm loving this journey ..I never expected 100m signings and 300k a week players..we're buying players that in the future will command that type of money ..but we'll be in a position to offer it in time..

Last season was atleast 2-3 years earlier than expected.. brilliant that it was it may not happen next season.. and that's ok because the journey is still on course.

Agree. Brilliant but we aren’t equipped to be competitive in CL and PL at the same time yet. Take the loot, moderate expectations and avoid getting knickers in a twist when we are struggling a bit at Christmas. 

6 hours ago, Toon88 said:

Targett isn’t good enough, I’m afraid. If you can’t displace Burn, then you know your time is up. If we could recoup £10m for him, I’d do it. 

Maehle would be my choice. Cheaper option at Atalanta (£15m touted), and fantastic going forward. 

Hasn't played as a LB for ages though, wingback at Atalanta. He would probably struggle massively in a 4-man line.