NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Rate Barnes a fair bit. Him being another left sided palyer makes me think we aren't in for him but I reckon he'd be capable of getting 15+ goals from the wing in our side. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Rate Barnes a fair bit. Him being another left sided palyer makes me think we aren't in for him but I reckon he'd be capable of getting 15+ goals from the wing in our side. 

I really like him, just not sure we need him, Gordon and ASM, plus Willock and Joelinton? If Gordon or ASM switched to the group on the right with Almiron and Murphy then I'd be happy. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I really like him, just not sure we need him, Gordon and ASM, plus Willock and Joelinton? If Gordon or ASM switched to the group on the right with Almiron and Murphy then I'd be happy. 

Would he not play on the right for us though? We play our wingers on the opposite side.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Would he not play on the right for us though? We play our wingers on the opposite side.

That's what I mean, I'm not sure we need another LW. If St-Maximin goes, fair enough but otherwise we need a sort of mirror version of him and Gordon to play on the right. 

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Leicester usually play with one up too and their wingers cutting in, similar to us but with a different set up in midfield.

English press linking us with domestic players again. It's a lack of imagination and outreach.

I'd be shocked if we shelled out 40m for Adams or Barnes, given that we paid the same for Bruno. I suspect we'd rather pay 50/55m and try to tempt Raphinha or Diaby.

There's very little value in domestic based players. Even relegated sides are asking too much.

If we can get Barnes for 25/35m with the lower end being first payment and the rest installments, I could see that. The problem is that clubs like West Ham will just plonk 40m on the table and it would make an easy decision for Leicester.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I really enjoy not having a scooby who's coming in next. Other than Livramento there doesn't seem to be any solid links either.

I don't even think Livramento is particularly solid. We've had discussions perhaps but I suspect we've had a lot of enquiries.

54 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

"The club believe funds will be better assigned elsewhere, with another midfielder, a winger and left-back on the agenda."

Good to hear.

Chronicle saying LB, CB and wide Forward. 

Either way I'd be delighted. Don't care who it is but if we get in another defender, midfielder and winger/forward we are looking great. We have time to replace schar. Ideally Lascelles out and someone in during this window that we can ease in over time.

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Chronicle saying LB, CB and wide Forward. 

Either way I'd be delighted. Don't care who it is but if we get in another defender, midfielder and winger/forward we are looking great. We have time to replace schar. Ideally Lascelles out and someone in during this window that we can ease in over time.

RW, LB and CB in terms of order of priority for me. RW is our weak link atm, a LB means Burn can go into being cover for Botman and medium-long term we need Schär's successor.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Barnes is probably the most left sided player out there. Plays exclusively on the left, never the right. Just can't see it unless ASM goes.

And we just paid too much for the same player (Barnes is the one we should have been in for) in Anthony Gordon.  At least Gordon is about four years younger. I hope we keep ASM and upgrade on the rw. Agree, Barnes only makes sense if ASM goes. We need more scoring on the front line unless Miggy comes charging back with another great year.  He could always regress to 21/22 form.