NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, joeyt said:

Bakker at Leverkusen is joining Atalanta. We've been linked heavily in the past

Don’t Atalanta have a LB that’s been linked with us or have I totally made that up?

Just now, Mikky said:

Don’t Atalanta have a LB that’s been linked with us or have I totally made that up?

Your thinking of gosens who went to inter. 

I think it’s important to realise a lot of these old targets may not be relevant now as we are aiming higher than just after the takeover. 

In the Athletic re: Dom; written by James Pearce and Raphael Honigstein

However, the structure of the deal with RB Leipzig was problematic. His €70million (£60.1m; $76.3m) release clause not only needed to be triggered by the end of June but the vast majority of the fee had to be paid up front.

The cost of transfers can usually be spread out in instalments over a number of years but this one would require a hefty and immediate cash outlay. It had deterred other suitors, including Newcastle United, given the implications in terms of meeting financial fair play (FFP) requirements.

Waiting until July and attempting to negotiate a lower fee or payment plan with Leipzig after the clause had expired wasn’t an option for Liverpool. They knew the Bundesliga outfit were under no pressure to sell and the cost would only have risen.

The Bundesliga club were first alerted to Liverpool’s interest around a month ago but at the time they felt that Newcastle might be his likelier destination. Leipzig’s preference was to keep him but knew if he left it would be for a club record fee given the clause.

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Your thinking of gosens who went to inter. 

I think it’s important to realise a lot of these old targets may not be relevant now as we are aiming higher than just after the takeover. 

Was thinking Maehle

My preference although very unlikely is Di Marco however Lewis Hall of Chelsea is another good option if highly unlikely 

Just now, Mikky said:

Was thinking Maehle

My preference although very unlikely is Di Marco however Lewis Hall of Chelsea is another good option if highly unlikely 

Fair play :thup:

Really hoping for a top notch left back too 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Fair play :thup:

Really hoping for a top notch left back too 

I actually really want Lewis Hall - has the shades of Theo H about him - so much upside 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

I actually really want Lewis Hall - has the shades of Theo H about him - so much upside 

I haven’t seen him enough to judge, he looked good against us but it was a dead rubber. 

Really want us to sign someone with pace though, I think our high line with our lack of pace will be punished more this season. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I haven’t seen him enough to judge, he looked good against us but it was a dead rubber. 

Really want us to sign someone with pace though, I think our high line with our lack of pace will be punished more this season. 

I agree, lack of pace is definitely a weakness of ours at the back 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair to say if he was near the top of the list, we'd have been waiting until the clause expiry then. If other clubs were thinking the same, it's probably why Liverpool nipped in when they did.

Nice to see the FFP stipulations kicking in as they were designed, i.e. protecting the status of the Hallowed Six.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Barnes is a good player and has lots of potential, he got 13 league goals last season in a relegated team ,  for comparison Maxi has scored 12 league goals in four seasons for us .

You really can't downplay those numbers. Miggy, Joelinton, Murphy and ASM all have some great qualities, but finishing isn't one of them.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Hall is very quick - literally is a baby version of Theo Hernandez - defo the sort of player I’d look to buy 

Big and physical too - not too dissimilar to a young Bale - won’t quite match that career but still a top talent 

11 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Hall is very quick - literally is a baby version of Theo Hernandez - defo the sort of player I’d look to buy 

Big and physical too - not too dissimilar to a young Bale - won’t quite match that career but still a top talent 

Be a top signing and one we could potentially go for given Chilwell likely to be first choice. Poch decent record of using youth players could be a stumbling block though

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

You really can't downplay those numbers. Miggy, Joelinton, Murphy and ASM all have some great qualities, but finishing isn't one of them.

How many goals do you think Barnes would cost us the other way? What’s the stats defensively? Leicester looked overrun with the likes of him and Maddison in the team together.

50 minutes ago, Kanji said:

In the Athletic re: Dom; written by James Pearce and Raphael Honigstein

This is what makes Klopp’s ceiling remarks laughable. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think we'll be very impressed by Tonali's ability to create chances. And hopefully Bruno will get forward more at times too. 

I did want Szoboszlai obvs. 

Tonali is not a DM, Bruno will still be sitting deep doing the Rodri role.