NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

I know he's not an obvious need, but would love Thuram 

I think he is one of those players they would go for if he became available even if it isn’t a position that’s massively important. For me I think he was a possible next year player on our list. But as we have seen with Isak if it’s there to be done they will do it. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

No, it’s been open since the 14th of June 

Not in Germany Italy or Spain where we seem to be targeting. France opened 10th June and us the 14th as you stated but July 1st is when everyone is open and things start to slowly happen. Also start of the new accounting year for football also I believe.

21 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

We'll have one of the best midfields in Europe for years to come if we sign him

Will we? Seems like we’re missing more attacking threat. Don’t get me wrong Thuram  is good but I think we need more.

34 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

I know he's not an obvious need, but would love Thuram 

Honestly think he’s better than Tonali (who I do rate but I think isn’t quite as good as Milan fans make out). Truly believe Thuram could become one of the best midfielders in the world.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Player valuations nowadays make squad building such a challenge. It’s a miracle we’ve achieved what we have so far given FFP. 

Read today that arsenal want 50 fucking million for Balogun :lol:

8 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Read today that arsenal want 50 fucking million for Balogun :lol:

Yeah, but it’s the same with Soton demanding £45m for Ward-Prowse. They are just figures that nobody will pay, and it will get to August and Balogun will end up at Burnley or somewhere for £25m.

He’s had one good year in a tinpot French league. The year before he banged 2 goals in 18 games for M’Boro in the Championship. 

Edited by Toon88

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Honestly think he’s better than Tonali (who I do rate but I think isn’t quite as good as Milan fans make out). Truly believe Thuram could become one of the best midfielders in the world.

He’s built for the premier league and in particular our style of play. I’d still go al out to get him this summer.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s built for the premier league and in particular our style of play. I’d still go al out to get him this summer.

If we are constrained by FFP I think we have to address other areas first. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

If we are constrained by FFP I think we have to address other areas first. 

I get that and agree, but also think this may be our only chance of getting Thuram. Honestly he got the potential to be one of the best in the world in a year or two.

23 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Be great if there was a team called Nasty. Newcastle are front runners in the race to sign Nasty midfielder Neville Cunt. 

Closest I could find, other than the first whole page of Google featuring (Gary) Neville (is a) cunt

Screenshot_20230706_100542_com.facebook.katana.jpg

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I get that and agree, but also think this may be our only chance of getting Thuram. Honestly he got the potential to be one of the best in the world in a year or two.

I fully agree with this, his ceiling is incredibly high. I don't think we'll sign him though.