NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I’ve mentioned Gibbs-White here before as someone I’d want but yes, would likely cost too much. Read something somewhere about a release clause but no idea if true.

Edited by Collage

I really like Gibbs-White and possibly Forest need the money with their financial breaches

But it does seem a bit odd if we are willing to pay close to £50mil for an attacking midfielder if we turned our noses up at Maddison last summer

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s also right footed and not a winger. I don’t get that one at all. He’s not a Mighy replacement.  Theoretically he could play 8. 

He’s played on the wing/wide forward I think? But yes, primarily a 10 or possibly an 8.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s also right footed and not a winger. I don’t get that one at all. He’s not a Mighy replacement.  Theoretically he could play 8. 

He has played right wing a hand full of times, but he is not a Miggy replacement I agree. More suited to a central position for sure.

It is worth watching this one again, it shows the work out in developing the Under 21s so players can interchange in to a number of positions and Ashworth played his part in that.

Gordon and Gibbs-White were an important part of the success last summer and both have similar qualities, with Gibbs-White being the better player on the ball.

Actually didn't realise it was 25m plus add-ons for Gibbs-White. If those add-ons haven't yet been achieved, it could well be a goer.

Let's say for example Forest have paid 35m for him so far, a 45m bid from us might look tempting given how it would look from an FFP perspective at their end.

He might play as a 10 but a transition into an attacking 8, a inverted RW or even an option up front are hardly a million miles away, considering his ability.

He's a player I really rate. Proper carried Forest at times.

Won't please the Eddie Howe Brexit mags brigade though.

Gibbs-White link is interesting in the same way the Maddison interest was interesting in the Summer. Seems to hint at something of a evolution of style. I'm sure he could do a job out wide, but as others have mentioned, he has spend most of his career playing through the middle. Not as an outright 10, but certainly an 8/10 hybrid.

MGW is a great player and I'd be happy to see him here. But he's certainly not a like for like Miggy replacement. Nor is he a Joelinton replacement. Feels more similar to Tonali in the way he plays.

51 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I really like Gibbs-White and possibly Forest need the money with their financial breaches

But it does seem a bit odd if we are willing to pay close to £50mil for an attacking midfielder if we turned our noses up at Maddison last summer

Everybody says this, is it not possible that he turned us down?