NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Think Targett is due to train this week isnt he? Was doing gym work with Willock for a while. Not that it changes your point obviously cos we need him

He’s due - 3 months since the hammy op at the start of Feb which was the prognosis.

Just now, Nucasol said:

He’s due - 3 months since the hammy op at the start of Feb which was the prognosis.

Definitely pictured the other week doing fitness work so must be very close now. Not that he will play mind so no hurry

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

This is nonsense. “Raise funds by June” means “This week” given the window closes this week until July. 

Same issue forest had and are fighting against. 

I think you can do deals outside of the transfer window, it’s the registration that won’t go over outside.

It is why they made a big deal about Chelsea needing to sell before July 1st last year.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Everyone break ffp and everyone start with a points deduction, bar those coming up, give them a chance.

It did cross my mind that you might be better off just spending too much, having a blast and then getting deducted points. As long as they don’t relegate us. 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Yeah Ornstein is pretty top notch when it comes to transfers 

Absolutely im not saying we will get Ramsey either but Ornstein has the best contacts in British football and I’m certain we’d be interested.

that being said, I’m our business is pending peddling Miggy. 

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

Nah surely he was saying your way off about Targett going to Celtic because target is out injured. No idea how you’ve read anything else in to that :lol:

Yes it did follow that true, but it was Keith with the interrogation, I thought Howe could have meant in the general gist of everything he was claiming collectively. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It did cross my mind that you might be better off just spending too much, having a blast and then getting deducted points. As long as they don’t relegate us. 

But it wont happen in the same season. Everton & Forest failed up to last season so get hit this year, we would be the same and points could render the splash worthless if it cost us CL

Not to mention a daft spend would no doubt have us in breach next season too and potentially more sanctions

Edited by Fezzle

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This just goes to show what a pile of shite FFP is like. No way should a club having their best season for over 30 years be needing to worry about selling one of their best Academy products just to suit FFP. Let them crack on trying to be the best club they can be. It's a joke. 

I think we’re going to start seeing some major push back against FFP very soon. The whole thing could crumble once a few clubs start kicking up a proper fuss 

Just now, gbandit said:

I think we’re going to start seeing some major push back against FFP very soon. The whole thing could crumble once a few clubs start kicking up a proper fuss 

Need 14 votes to change the rule, who ya got?

FFP isn’t a straight £105 million loss over 3 years by the way, it is a £15 million loss plus an extra £90 million in equity investment by the owners.

If an owner hasn’t put anything in then a club is only allowed to lose £15 million over the previous 3 years.

All seems to revolve around Almiron ultimately- if he goes to Saudi - player in (potentially Ramsey). If he doesn't- end of. No new players.

Edited by duo

The PL’s restriction of progress for all barring the cartel should be lauded from a “hiding in plain sight” perspective.  It’s rotten

4 minutes ago, duo said:

All seems to revolve around Almiron ultimately- if he goes to Saudi - player in (potentially Ramsey). If he doesn't- end of. No new players.

Could be wrong but my assumption is that deal is done if we want it to be. All depends on if we can get someone that we want.

I completely understand them waiting until the summer, but with our current midfield we could be in for a poor end to the season. Bruno injury or ban from struggling to win a game imo.

PL teams have spent in excess of £200m in five of the last seven Jan windows but this window is likely to be much closer to the £70m spent during the peak Rona window in Jan 2021

FFP is strangulating the transfer market

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I completely understand them waiting until the summer, but with our current midfield we could be in for a poor end to the season. Bruno injury or ban from struggling to win a game imo.

According to Howe 

Summer will be tight too (no war chest) 

Local media reporting this 

3 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

According to Howe 

Summer will be tight too (no war chest) 

Local media reporting this 

Sandro like a new signing etc.