NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ramsdale and ESR as part of Arsenal's bid for Isak, apparently.

Player swap deals are incredibly rare.  There are just too many parts that need to be agreed to make the deals work.

Any rumours that involve player swaps are simply bollocks.

6 minutes ago, ikri said:

Player swap deals are incredibly rare.  There are just too many parts that need to be agreed to make the deals work.

Any rumours that involve player swaps are simply bollocks.

I also think the players involved in a swap deal as a makeweight would have a few things to say about being "used" in that way. I know I certainly would. Really shows how little the club trying to swap you actually values you.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Apols @Dr.Spaceman not directed at your good self, more the bargain bin ex-Highbury hustlers trying to pawn us their defective wares in exchange for our jewel in the crown.

I'm with you, it's a terrible deal but it's apparently on the table. We'll knock it back and it'll be a complete non-starter. As others have said, far too many moving parts.

“Oh, you want £150m do you? How about a substantially smaller amount and two players who we don’t rate, and who are worse than your current players in those positions?

Whilst we’re at it, I know Bruno’s clause is £100m and you rate him substantially higher than that, but does £80m sound ok?”

:lol: Off their tits. Show us the money (like serious money) or fuck off. 

Just now, NSG said:

“Oh, you want £150m do you? How about a substantially smaller amount and two players who we don’t rate, and who are worse than your current players in those positions?

Whilst we’re at it, I know Bruno’s clause is £100m and you rate him substantially higher than that, but does £80m sound ok?”

:lol: Off their tits. Show us the money (like serious money) or fuck off. 

Its bollocks man

34 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I would prefer more of a playmaker type but you are right. 

There's a few scout reports out there saying he is more of a playmaker tbf.

Data seems to line up with that too.

chrome_screenshot_8May202411_04_14BST.thumb.png.7168943b4bb7926a6b1fc453f437f3d7.png

chrome_screenshot_8May202411_00_22BST.thumb.png.83e458225fdc701f4f4dbd914435472a.png

Compared to when we were originally linked with Soule earlier in the season, he seems to have really taken a bit of a leap, according to a lot of the later stuff being written about him.

Looks like he's a much more highly rated prospect now, and is attracting a lot more interest, and his price is looking like it will be more around the £35 - £40 million range.

Could be a pretty exciting coup it looks like. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gaztoon said:

I would genuinely want saka or rice..they can't be that stupid to think them two mentioned are anywhere close to acceptable 🤣🤣

I think, from what I can gather, that  Howe fancies both of them. Can’t see us letting Isak go if he wants or can be persuaded to stay. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I also think the players involved in a swap deal as a makeweight would have a few things to say about being "used" in that way. I know I certainly would. Really shows how little the club trying to swap you actually values you.

Also makes it easy to scupper a deal.  We just have to offer minimum wage to the offered players knowing they'll reject it and the whole deal collapses.

Like EAFC 24 negotiations:

"I hope we can do a quick deal. £20m plus Smith-Rowe and Ramsdale?"

"I'm afraid we won't accept any less than £200m for Isak"

"£25m plus Smith-Rowe, Ramsdale and Nketiah. I'm afraid we can't afford any more than that"

"I'm afraid we won't accept any less than £200m for Isak"

"Deal is off *storms out*"

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Eh? He technically hasn’t even signed for us yet and his transfer will go permanent this summer. How are they signing him at the same time as we’re signing him. 

42 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Eh? He technically hasn’t even signed for us yet and his transfer will go permanent this summer. How are they signing him at the same time as we’re signing him. 

I presume he signs for us on 1st July and if we wanted to sell him we could sell after that date

Though, not a chance we'll be selling him so it's a non-starter of a story really

We have got to get the quality control sorted in this thread before summer. Givemesport? Caughtoffside? Come on guys. 

And who gives a fuck if some Arsenal fan says they swear that we're gonna sell Isak? That's not even a rumour. Not even worthy of being thought about. Bruno has a clause and a month. If he wants to go, he will. If he doesn't, we're not selling him. 

I'd love Isak to sign a new contract soon and for it to end all speculation about him moving because its going to be a long summer listening to all this nonsense. As for Bruno, pay the release clause or don't even bother talking to us. After June we can add another 20m to that valuation. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

I'd love Isak to sign a new contract soon and for it to end all speculation about him moving because its going to be a long summer listening to all this nonsense. As for Bruno, pay the release clause or don't even bother talking to us. After June we can add another 20m to that valuation. 

Bruno only signed his contract a few month ago. You’ll never stop speculation unfortunately. Too much of the industry depends on it and too many idiots willing to feed it the oxygen.

6 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ramsdale and ESR as part of Arsenal's bid for Isak, apparently.

It brings up an interesting proposition when it comes to FFP. I know it never happens, but what if for a FFP workaround, we just swap players instead of buying or selling? Wouldn’t that technically just involve wages for FFP then?

If we're to listen to offers for Isak then it has to be pure money up front to help us with FFP and no players. Is Ramsdale much better than Pope? When we upgrade Pope down the line it'll be for someone of much better quality than Ramsdale, so that's a no for me. And Smith Rowe is always bloody injured, a definite no if ever there was one.