NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I don’t think it’s impossible if the right deals are out there 

Aye, I think a lot depends on those free transfer tbh.

Get those in, a couple of decent sales, wages leaving the building and some CL money and we're actually, on paper, in a decent position. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mikky said:

What profile of CM do most people think we need?

CMs we been linked with 

Y Fofana

M Caqueret

K Zenon

M Kone

Ederson

(Archie Gray - if Leeds don’t go up)

Kone and Caqueret are the profiles I like the most, press proof, comfortable getting the ball off the defenders with good distribution. 

I wish we were linked with Merino. 

Not sure why Kone hasn't been snapped up yet though, he in particular looks ideal.

Edited by Thumbheed

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Hope this is true and that we can sign him this summer already. Don’t want fucking Ramsdale. 

I think the Ramsdale links are more just from the previous Howe connection. Think the price and salary make the deal unrealistic.

The Mamardashvili price seems much more feasible, and looks like he's on pretty low wages - less than 30,000 euros a week.

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Kone and Caqueret are the profiles I like the most, press proof, comfortable getting the ball off the defenders with good distribution. 

I wish we were linked with Merino. 

Not sure why Kone hasn't been snapped up yet though, he in particular looks ideal.

I think Caqueret is a great shout and not someone who I think would command a massive fee given Lyons financial situation  - £25m possibly?

2 hours ago, Mikky said:

What profile of CM do most people think we need?

CMs we been linked with 

Y Fofana

M Caqueret

K Zenon

M Kone

Ederson

(Archie Gray - if Leeds don’t go up)

Tonali if we finish 8th [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye, I think a lot depends on those free transfer tbh.

Get those in, a couple of decent sales, wages leaving the building and some CL money and we're actually, on paper, in a decent position. 

Aye if we can get Kelly and Tosin on frees, that should open the door to at least one big transfer.

12 hours ago, Mikky said:

I don’t think it’s impossible if the right deals are out there 

There's no sign whatsoever that we will be looking at a cm for a start. 

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Would be an absolutly waste of time and money. there are Much more importent positions to streghten. For me a gk, rw, cf and of course cb.

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Only we way we will be wanting one is it Bruno goes imo.

Longstaff

Miley

Joelinton

Tonali

Willock

Bruno

Anderson

Is solid enough squad depth for 3 positions. Could say we only have 1 natural 6 and would ideally like a bit more technical ability in there but numbers-wise we’re pretty stacked. Really doubt we’ll even be looking for another this window.

Posted (edited)

Mamardashvili is actually my dream signing this summer. Think he would change the way we played and have similar effect as Ederson and Alisson had on respective teams. Him, a good RW and the two frees seemingly take us to around the £100m mark in transfer fees. If we are dropping off the £120m from Jan 22 and whatever we spent in summer 2021, that could even leave a bit of flexibility for a striker, especially with a couple leaving and increase in revs, although wage bill is probably jumping a similar amount. 

Despite reading about PSR on here and elsewhere I’ve no idea if my interpretation is even crudely correct. 

Edited by PRL

5 minutes ago, PRL said:

Mamardashvili is actually my dream signing this summer. Think he would change the way we played and have similar effect as Ederson and Alisson had on respective teams. Him, a good RW and the two frees seemingly take us to around the £100m mark in transfer fees. If we are dropping off the £120m from Jan 22 and whatever we spent in summer 2021, that could even leave a bit of flexibility for a striker, especially with a couple leaving and increase in revs, although wage bill is probably jumping a similar amount. 

Despite reading about PSR on here and elsewhere I’ve no idea if my interpretation is even crudely correct. 

I don't know much about him, he looks like an elite shot-stopper but is he good with his feet like Ederson etc?

3 minutes ago, PRL said:

Hard to know but this year will obviously be much improved revenue’s over the previous, how much of that we can spend is anyone’s guess.

I think we’ll need to sell, but rather than lose the Crown Jewels, it’ll be Wilson, Miggy, Murphy and maybe Longstaff and Dubravka who will move on.

That’s maybe 60m+ there depending on where they go.

10 minutes ago, PRL said:

Remember we’re also paying 30 odd million on Hall this window already.

43 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only we way we will be wanting one is it Bruno goes imo.

Exactly right, barring some young kid going cheap obviously.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't know much about him, he looks like an elite shot-stopper but is he good with his feet like Ederson etc?

He’s not as good as those guys with ball at feet, but looks more comfortable than Pope… which feels a low bar to be fair. Honestly I’ve just watched highlights rather than live matches, so this is purely my opinion, don’t watch enough of other leagues to have genuine insight. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Hard to know but this year will obviously be much improved revenue’s over the previous, how much of that we can spend is anyone’s guess.

I think we’ll need to sell, but rather than lose the Crown Jewels, it’ll be Wilson, Miggy, Murphy and maybe Longstaff and Dubravka who will move on.

That’s maybe 60m+ there depending on where they go.

I’d say that’s reasonable at a stretch:

Wilson - £15m

Miggy - £15m

Longstaff - £12m

Murphy - £10m

Fraser - £2m

Dubs - £2m

Gets you to £56m

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

I mean, there's been pretty significant reports that we'd been intensively scouting Ederson for a start. Put in an offer for Gallagher too from memory and I doubt either if those would have happened as a reaction to our injury crisis, it's not how we operate. 

We're very much in the market for a CM and it's absolutely the right thing to if we're to sustain a challenge on all front.

20 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Wilson - £15m

Miggy - £15m

Longstaff - £12m

Murphy - £10m

Fraser - £2m

Dubs - £2m

Gets you to £56m

Don't think we'll sell Murphy or Longstaff.

I disagree about our midfield. Yea, we are stacked in numbers but not quality. We play three in midfield so we need more in there imo. One injury/suspension, never mind a bad one and we will look quite fragile there, especially in depth and quality. If the midfield doesn’t work or have enough quality then attack and the defence will suffer. I think some of us rate our midfielders a little bit too much, especially the ones outsides of Bruno, Joellinton and Tonali. 

27 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Wilson - £15m

Miggy - £15m

Longstaff - £12m

Murphy - £10m

Fraser - £2m

Dubs - £2m

Gets you to £56m

Longstaff and Murphy will be going nowhere, 15 million for Wilson is a stretch too.

12 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I mean, there's been pretty significant reports that we'd been intensively scouting Ederson for a start. Put in an offer for Gallagher too from memory and I doubt either if those would have happened as a reaction to our injury crisis, it's not how we operate. 

We're very much in the market for a CM and it's absolutely the right thing to if we're to sustain a challenge on all front.

Theres a world of difference from scouting players during a massive crisis/planning for losing players and actively looking to buy them regardless. Also i wouldnt believe a word of the Gallagher bid from the media unless Howe admits it. Its no different to the bullshit about Gordon, Isak, Bruno etc from them