NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Monters said:

Barkely strikes me as someone who can become disinterested \ lazy if not one of the main men so for that reason I'd pass as I don't think he's a starter if everyone is fit without changing shape...

If you got his head sorted ability wise as an impact sub then could be great, we haven't been able to use the bench nearly enough this year (obvious reasons) and having decent options and using them earlier will help in so many ways

Totally agree. Wouldn’t really want him. I’m desperate for us to strengthen CM though. I think and hope we will. 

Edited by Ikon

39 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Ideally don’t want Barkley but he is a game changer if we play him instead of one of the others if one of Bruno/Tonali/Joelinton can’t play. 

Which is why I suggested him - 2 year deal 

I personally want Caqueret - he’ll cost circa 25m

But if money is tight then if you are to keep the status quo in midfield why not just add Barkley as your Ritchie replacement

36 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Ross Barkley [emoji38]

Handful of good games for a rather poor Luton side

I'd take him for a year whilst Anderson goes out on loan for a year. Although I'm hoping that we'll see Bruno-Tonali-Joelinton-Willock-Miley cover the midfield area without injuries and bans next season. Longstaff as backup to that 5.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ATB said:

I am also nervous about Howe and The players he want. Have not been so impressed so far. 

also scared and affected by last summer.

Which signing have we made that haven't impressed you like

Pope

Trippier

Bruno

Isak

Gordon

Botman

Tino

???????

Edited by jack j

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

How would people feel if Gordon was moved permanently to the RW it meant club pursuing Kvaratskhelia as the big money winger signing?

Id be “ok” with that, of course. Not too fond of switching him over for Barnes though. Not that we will have this problem I’d guess. 

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

How would people feel if Gordon was moved permanently to the RW it meant club pursuing Kvaratskhelia as the big money winger signing?

Think I could just about accept that to be honest.

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

Which signing have we made that haven't impressed you like

Pope

Trippier

Bruno

Isak

Gordon

Botman

Tino

???????

Barnes I'd assume. 

7 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I’d rather keep Gordon left wing (his best position) and spend money on a top quality RW.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d rather keep Gordon left wing (his best position) and spend money on a top quality RW.

The most perfect scenario tbh. A creative and composed RW with end product  preferably. Technical ability is key. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah, not really worth impacting on our POTY's game. He's clearly more comfortable on the left.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

New RW/Minteh/Murphy back up. Ship Miggy. Gordon/Barnes LW. 

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Solid source like:

“I understand that Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle in the summer,” Green said.

“That’s come direct through somebody speaking to somebody I’m close with who is close with his agent and he says it’s done, the deal is happening."

Also suggests that Jason Steele could be backup to Raya [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Solid source like:

“I understand that Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle in the summer,” Green said.

“That’s come direct through somebody speaking to somebody I’m close with who is close with his agent and he says it’s done, the deal is happening."

Also suggests that Jason Steele could be backup to Raya [emoji38]

Somebody speaking to somebody who’s close to someone close to his agent ? 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Somebody speaking to somebody who’s close to someone close to his agent ? 

Was proper cynical by Arsenal too, new contract to protect the value and boom replaced. :lol:

They will be desperate to flog him but want stupid money. 

3 minutes ago, NG32 said:

Good keeper but it depends on the fee and how it will effect other positions that need replaced as a priority. 

Unless Pope's shoulder injury has the potential to reoccur due to it being weaker. 

refuse to believe he’s a good keeper

Why would you even consider signing Ramsdale when you can get Marmashvilli for a much better price, he’s better, younger and with a higher ceiling 

Everyone on here had written off pope before he joined, saying he wasn't an improvement on dubs. 

Ramsdale is the best English keeper, but do think we can do better on the continent for less money and not putting money in the bank of a team who want 2 of our star players. 

Ramsdale one is an odd one. I do think he is an upgrade on Pope, but only marginally. But then I said the same about Pope with Dubravka and was massively wrong, so I'll trust the recruitment team/Eddie. 

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Ramsdale one is an odd one. I do think he is an upgrade on Pope, but only marginally. But then I said the same about Pope with Dubravka and was massively wrong, so I'll trust the recruitment team/Eddie. 

Well Pope is very good so by that logic Ramsdale is a great signing. 

I always thought Pope looked good for Burnley. He impressed me even more once we signed him. Ramsdale I have never felt the same about, error prone and seems weak mentally. Also don’t want to give them any money. I want a strong minded quality keeper.