NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think if that is the case then we would have to sell for less than the release clause. Can’t see anyone bidding 100 million for him.

Only City really.

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Tosin, Kelly, Olise, ?, Marmadashvili.

I don't know what striker we could afford but that would be a massive upgrade already.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Tosin, Kelly, Olise, ?, Marmadashvili.

I don't know what striker we could afford but that would be a massive upgrade already.

I hope they are ruthless with the deadwood and those not up to the bar we are trying to set. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I read Milan earlier today.

I would imagine he signs with the highest wage offer.  The release clause should not be difficult for Dortmund, Milan or us. 

8 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Karius, Dubravka, Dummett, Lascelles (Jan), Kraft, Ritchie, Targett, Lewis, Hayden, Murphy, Almiron, Fraser & Wilson all need to go this summer. Longstaff has one more season to prove his worth, or he goes next summer.

GK: New (£35m)

RB: Tino

CB: Schar

CB: Botman

LB: Kelly (free)

CM: Joelinton

CM: Bruno

CM: Tonali

LW: Gordon

RW: New (£50-60m)

CF: Isak

GK: Pope

RB: Trippier

CB: Tosin (free)

CB: Burn

LB: Hall

CM: Miley

CM: Longstaff

CM: Anderson

RW: Minteh

LW: Barnes

CF: New (£20-30m)

Then there's Willock if he ever stays fit.

£100-110m spend, which we should be able to do, with not much in return, maybe £50m (most of it on Murphy, Almiron & Wilson) and hopefully this is the end of having players no one wants and we should start trading a little better.

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Karius, Dubravka, Dummett, Lascelles (Jan), Kraft, Ritchie, Targett, Lewis, Hayden, Murphy, Almiron, Fraser & Wilson all need to go this summer. Longstaff has one more season to prove his worth, or he goes next summer.

GK: New (£35m)

RB: Tino

CB: Schar

CB: Botman

LB: Kelly (free)

CM: Joelinton

CM: Bruno

CM: Tonali

LW: Gordon

RW: New (£50-60m)

CF: Isak

GK: Pope

RB: Trippier

CB: Tosin (free)

CB: Burn

LB: Hall

CM: Miley

CM: Longstaff

CM: Anderson

RW: Minteh

LW: Barnes

CF: New (£20-30m)

Then there's Willock if he ever stays fit.

£100-110m spend, which we should be able to do, with not much in return, maybe £50m (most of it on Murphy, Almiron & Wilson) and hopefully this is the end of having players no one wants and we should start trading a little better.

A 22 man squad? That will go well.

6 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

A 22 man squad? That will go well.

23 with Willock, then there's Gillespie as 3rd choice keeper, but not worth mentioning tbh. Alex Murphy, Kuol & Ashby to add some numbers, you'd also have Lascelles till at least Jan.

On 14/05/2024 at 18:26, duo said:

He is literally an awful keeper

On 14/05/2024 at 18:55, toontownman said:

Literal nonsense.

But I'm fine with him moving on and us bringing in someone new to push/alternate with Pope.

Still think it's nonsense? :mung:

Finding it hard to choose which position I would sacrifice when trying to be realistic FFP wise.

I want a starting RW, backup ST to Isak, starting GK + Kelly and Tosin. Those seem to be the areas to improve, can't see it all happening though.

Not a clue what I'd leave for another window.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Finding it hard to choose which position I would sacrifice when trying to be realistic FFP wise.

I want a starting RW, backup ST to Isak, starting GK + Kelly and Tosin. Those seem to be the areas to improve, can't see it all happening though.

Just fuck FFP, get a £500 million sponsor deal for each corner flag and see what they do, fuck them, put the money in an account that the Premier league can see is safe, secure money, ring fenced for Newcastle United.

Let's not put us in the same boat as 777

If I was PIF I would spend what I want and deal with it in the courts.  Drown UEFA/PL in the courts - the rules are anti-competitive and deserve to be challenged. 

I am really worried about this transfer window - as it's huge.  I just sense am going to be disappointed as there are so many positions that need addressing and the club can't address them all.

5 hours ago, duo said:

I am really worried about this transfer window - as it's huge.  I just sense am going to be disappointed as there are so many positions that need addressing and the club can't address them all.

I am also nervous about Howe and The players he want. Have not been so impressed so far. 

also scared and affected by last summer.

Posted (edited)

From Howes comments it sounds like they could be pretty ruthless this summer. Squad needs upgrading, more clinical players, deadwood needs clearing out. The time has come for Wilson, Miggy, Ritchie, Dummet to all be moved on (I think Murphy might still be kept as a squad player).

I just hope with less injuries next season and squad additions we see less of Murphy, Longstaff etc. Christ imagine having a genuine second striker who can stay fit too.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

9 hours ago, duo said:

I’d take Tosin - Kelly - Barkley (add Minteh) all on free transfers, gives us some flexibility in my view. Then you can drill down to GK - RW - CF as the priority positions - if we could squeeze in a young CB then great 

Barkley is someone that just blocks the pathway of Miley/Anderson, without immediately elevating us a side. Rather avoid. If signing a CM, it needs to be one that’s a game changer, which I will be surprised if we do because of funds, but if a decent offer came in for either Willock or Longstaff, it’s an opportunity that opens itself without us needing to push it.

Ideally don’t want Barkley but he is a game changer if we play him instead of one of the others if one of Bruno/Tonali/Joelinton can’t play. 

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I’d take Tosin - Kelly - Barkley (add Minteh) all on free transfers, gives us some flexibility in my view. Then you can drill down to GK - RW - CF as the priority positions - if we could squeeze in a young CB then great 

Given the new contract I imagine they see Murphy as the young centre half, they seem to high hopes for the young Irish centre half signed last summer (I think) but probs still far too early for him to move up to the first team pool

Ngl I'd definitely want something newer and shinier than Ross Barkley. We're not gonna be signing 30+s this summer anyway; we need to get the age of the squad down.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Ideally don’t want Barkley but he is a game changer if we play him instead of one of the others if one of Bruno/Tonali/Joelinton can’t play. 

Barkely strikes me as someone who can become disinterested \ lazy if not one of the main men so for that reason I'd pass as I don't think he's a starter if everyone is fit without changing shape...

If you got his head sorted ability wise as an impact sub then could be great, we haven't been able to use the bench nearly enough this year (obvious reasons) and having decent options and using them earlier will help in so many ways

Posted (edited)

Still think people are living on cuckoo land. We need revenue.

"Ruthless summer". We don't have saleable assets. The ones we do are old or injury prone. If we sell Trippier, he's not being replaced. If we sell Wilson, we are signing an understudy for Isak. We'll sell a RW and sign a RW. i can't see a world where we spend £30m on a keeper and still have Nick Pope on the books. He can fetch a fee, Dubs can't.

We'll only spend £100m+ if we sell Isak or Bruno IMO. Unless the commercial team do some magic.

Edited by The College Dropout

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Still think people are living on cuckoo land. We need revenue.

"Ruthless summer". We don't have saleable assets. The ones we do are old or injury prone. If we sell Trippier, he's not being replaced. If we sell Wilson, we are signing an understudy for Isak. We'll sell a RW and sign a RW. i can't see a world where we spend £30m on a keeper and still have Nick Pope on the books. He can fetch a fee, Dubs can't.

We'll only spend £100m+ if we sell Isak or Bruno IMO. Unless the commercial team do some magic.

We can dream though :D

I think everyone knows that really but end of season and moving towards the start of transfer window so it's a little bit of fun!

10 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Go with Pope/Dubs until January. Bring in the RW, back up striker and those 2 freebies. Or Starting keeper and play Gordon as back up striker, Barnes/Willock LW, New RW/Minteh RW.