NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Need Olise or someone similar (in a Bernardo Silva mould) who can not only chip in with goals but provide something direct from the right.
Has Almiron ever crossed or put a decent ball into the box? No wonder he gets no assists.
At last Murphy is a great crosser and with also being homegrown is worth keeping as 4th choice winger.

I think last night proves we need our Saudi mates to purchase 3 or 4 of our players for top dollar, fuck this fair market value shite 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Crazy how much it would transform us getting a keeper like that, don't think some people quite realise. Pressing us would be much harder with almost an extra outfield player, that can also distribute well for our quick transitions.

Probably seems a waste to some as Pope is quality and might not seem an area with any rush to improve but it would be huge for us imo. Trippier/Bruno/Isak levels in terms of a boost.

100% this. 

I remember a fair few mid 17-18 season saying a keeper wasn't a priority, but the jump from Elliot & Darlow to Dubravka was a key factor in us kicking on to mid-table.

This feels like that "next stage" sort of signing. It would change the way we can play. If we have a keeper who can help us start from the back and keep possession better, we're not just pumping the ball up the pitch and relying on the press to get it back so less injuries in theory, more possession, etc. it'd be massive. 

Pope has been great but there was definitely a drop off from his red-card v Liverpool to his injury. Now he's had this long lay-off with a shoulder which could be a problem, just feels like the perfect time and if there's a keeper we view as being the next step available for £35-40m, it feels perfect. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

So we have fuck all to spend by all accounts. But people want to drop £30-40m on a keeper? 

Whilst it would be lovely to have someone in goal as good as or better than Pope. With his sweeping attributes and aggressiveness. Along with being great at actually stopping the ball goinf in the net. Yet also great with the ball at his feet. I don’t think it’s realistic to be getting a keeper this window.

Who is this mythical keeper, anyway? The Valencia lad that everyone seems to have a full scouting dossier on and is totally flawless the way people are carrying on. 

I think we need to improve a couple of starting positions (RW and a possible 6 option other than Bruno) and depth (striker, CB, full back) a lot more than we need a keeper. Not even debatable IMO. 

How much would a genuine back up to Isak cost? Same for a starting calibre RW? Not that we have it to spend. But you could be looking at £100m for

those two players. 

Posted (edited)

Another thought, but the days of keepers playing at the top until they're 35-36 seems to be disappearing. It's no longer enough just to be a great shot-stopper. 

23 years old, he could be our number 1 for the next 10 years, and it seems like he's available now for a good price. I know people are wanting a new RW and are worried about FFP but if we can sort a position out long term then I think it's worth taking the hit somewhere else for a year.

Always thought it would take 2-3 more years before the squad is perfect. People question why we dropped £60-70m on Hall and Livramento last summer when we had other weaknesses, but we've in theory now meant we don't need to spend massively on a full-back for the next 7-10 years. Or that position pays for itself by recycling them.

We'd have a great core for the future with Mamardashvili, Hall, Botman, Livramento, Gordon, Tonali, Miley, Isak all under 25 that we can add to as we go. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

So we have fuck all to spend by all accounts. But people want to drop £30-40m on a keeper? 

Whilst it would be lovely to have someone in goal as good as or better than Pope. With his sweeping attributes and aggressiveness. Along with being great at actually stopping the ball goinf in the net. Yet also great with the ball at his feet. I don’t think it’s realistic to be getting a keeper this window.

Who is this mythical keeper, anyway? The Valencia lad that everyone seems to have a full scouting dossier on and is totally flawless the way people are carrying on. 

I think we need to improve a couple of starting positions (RW and a possible 6 option other than Bruno) and depth (striker, CB, full back) a lot more than we need a keeper. Not even debatable IMO. 

How much would a genuine back up to Isak cost? Same for a starting calibre RW? Not that we have it to spend. But you could be looking at £100m for

those two players. 

If Bruno is staying we aren’t getting a 6, we can be pretty sure of that. 

If Bruno leaves we will have some money to spend. 

Pope is a massive question mark now, he’s dislocated the same shoulder twice and we can’t afford him to do it a third time. Replacing him is actually a no brainer on this basis. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

If Bruno is staying we aren’t getting a 6, we can be pretty sure of that. 

If Bruno leaves we will have some money to spend. 

Pope is a massive question mark now, he’s dislocated the same shoulder twice and we can’t afford him to do it a third time. Replacing him is actually a no brainer on this basis. 

I mean. If the medical staff (no laughing) think it’s likely to go again after it going 5 years after the first injury. Then yeah, maybe we should. 

Still, ignore the 6 then. Those other positions still need filling and a number 2 keeper in to replace Dubravka. As I can’t see Pope sitting on the bench. 

Busy old summer when everyone keeps saying we have naff all to spend. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I mean. If the medical staff (no laughing) think it’s likely to go again after it going 5 years after the first injury. Then yeah, maybe we should. 

Still, ignore the 6 then. Those other positions still need filling and a number 2 keeper in to replace Dubravka. As I can’t see Pope sitting on the bench. 

Busy old summer when everyone keeps saying we have naff all to spend. 

I could be wrong but I think the constraints will loosen after the 1/7 to an extent at least. 

Anyways personally i expect us to trade this summer. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forwards. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Anyone actually seen this "geordie mama" keeper play?

What type of keeper is he?

He’s huge for starters, great agility and not scared to come off his line. Didn’t look amazing with his feet. Saw him on the weekend, and did amazing on a massively deflected shot and a one on one where the attacker tried to go round him.

Edited by Ronson333

21 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Anyone actually seen this "geordie mama" keeper play?

What type of keeper is he?

I’d avoid Ramsdale like the plague. Would be disappointed to pass up the Georgian lad for the marginal gains and significant outlay Ramsdale would bring.

Why shift Pope? He’d more than good enough for a few more years. 
Dubs on the other hand… I have my doubts….:pow:

Just now, maze said:

Why shift Pope? He’d more than good enough for a few more years. 
Dubs on the other hand… I have my doubts….:pow:

1, he won’t improve. 
2, history of dislocated shoulders. 
3, poor with his feet. 

Hope discussing possible striker options if Wilson leaves. Sesko is a pipe dream at this point I think, but Ghuirassy is a great shout, especially for the £15 million release clause. Apparently we have had him watched a number of times in Germany.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hope discussing possible striker options if Wilson leaves. Sesko is a pipe dream at this point I think, but Ghuirassy is a great shout, especially for the £15 million release clause. Apparently we have had him watched a number of times in Germany.

Ghuirassy is off to Dortmund I think

Just now, Jack27 said:

Ghuirassy is off to Dortmund I think

Oh man ... confirmed?!

Would have been a great value signing both fee and wages wise.

Just now, The Prophet said:

The more I think about it, the more I think we might flog Bruno to fund a summer rebuild.

Stop thinking dude, please.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I read Milan earlier today.

Damn ... looks like there's a ton of competition.

He has been brilliant this season to be fair. And the value is incredible really.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Damn ... looks like there's a ton of competition.

He has been brilliant this season to be fair. And the value is incredible really.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The more I think about it, the more I think we might flog Bruno to fund a summer rebuild.

Think if that is the case then we would have to sell for less than the release clause. Can’t see anyone bidding 100 million for him.