NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

26 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Good with his feet, but other than that its nothing special.

They don’t need shot stopping as the main attribute for a keeper due to how good they are, they want someone who is good with the ball at his feet and quality distribution.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm not saying they're the same I'm just making a point about how it might look a spectacular dive but it's not that great a save imo. Other 'keepers might not save it as nonchalantly as Neuer did, but I do think a lot of good 'keepers make a much more comfortable save than Ramsdale there. It's about 4 foot inside the post.

He clearly seen it late though, possibly due to a mix of the wall being so close and the sun which obscured his view.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

They don’t need shot stopping as the main attribute for a keeper due to how good they are, they want someone who is good with the ball at his feet and quality distribution.

Aye but hes not the reason they are the best defence like Duo pointed out. Hes good with his feet and a good fit for them, but hes not the reason they are almost not shipping goals at all. Its because they have changed their game to a more cynical approach, and some of the worlds best CB in front of him. Rice is the biggest reason for their whole change around. 

I only assume Ramsdale being linked is club feel he can come in and know the defence, coaching set up and overall team well straight away, whilst the Georgian one, despite the ability, there’s question marks on settling in/communication etc. that may be giving them cold feet. 

I’d rather the Georgian, we know what Ramsdale gives, whilst the other could be so far superior. Worth the gamble.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’m not sure how many of those are genuine mistakes, unless we are counting every goal conceded as a goal keeper mistake.

It's not necessarily showing mistakes, but it is showing that he's not particularly good. 

Really hope that it's just lazy journalism. Would give them the money for a run at Bruno or Isak as well. :lol:

Stop being a misery cunt you drunken mess. @HaydnNUFC

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He clearly seen it late though, possibly due to a mix of the wall being so close and the sun which obscured his view.

I don't think seeing it late would make it any better. Honestly I'm just not buying it and never have or will like. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not necessarily showing mistakes, but it is showing that he's not particularly good. 

It was a compilation of about 60 goals conceded by him at Arsenal, including double figures of penalties.

If people don’t rate Ramsdale then that’s fine, but when you have a compilation of goals conceded that are not even keeper errors, or are complaining about him being praised for saving a free kick, it suggests criticism isn’t exactly balanced.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Wasn't it around d this time last year that London journos had us nailed on to sign Tierney?

Aye: a bit earlier actually. 

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not a fan of his. I prefer calm GK’s.

https://x.com/william31045053/status/1716296243272413424?s=61

Looking at a pigeon :lol: 

Some of them shouldn’t be in there and a bit harsh. But it’s been said plenty of times and I remember thinking it when we were first linked. His positioning seems all over the place. Plus he is erratic as fuck, as we already know. 

Hard pass. Think he’d be a complete waste of money. If Pope’s shoulder is a big concern. Then I’d rather we looked elsewhere. If it’s not, then we need to be investing money elsewhere and not on a new number one. 

Just now, Ikon said:

1. I dont rate Ramsdale highly.

2. Fuck giving Arsenal a single penny.

I think point 2 is the most important, giving a potential rival 35 mil out of our FFP spend.  Especially since Arsenal are one of the clubs insisting on restricting us.

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I only assume Ramsdale being linked is club feel he can come in and know the defence, coaching set up and overall team well straight away, whilst the Georgian one, despite the ability, there’s question marks on settling in/communication etc. that may be giving them cold feet. 

Im a little bit tired of this (not aimed at you). If you are good enough you will settle in. It was the same argument with Thuram/Kone vs Onana. Mamardashvili would be my first choice over many keepers out there. 

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It was a compilation of about 60 goals conceded by him at Arsenal, including double figures of penalties.

If people don’t rate Ramsdale then that’s fine, but when you have a compilation of goals conceded that are not even keeper errors, or are complaining about him being praised for saving a free kick, it suggests criticism isn’t exactly balanced.

The baseline isn't looking for a 'keeper who doesn't make errors, it's looking for one who's better than the brilliant one we currently have. By that measure that video is pretty relevant I think, although I agree that it's an oversell, particularly the penalties. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The baseline isn't looking for a 'keeper who doesn't make errors, it's looking for one who's better than the brilliant one we currently have. By that measure that video is pretty relevant I think, although I agree that it's an oversell, particularly the penalties. 

Ramsdale is an upgrade on Pope though, as despite Pope being a better shot stopper that isn’t the sole function of a modern day goalkeeper, unless you are a club near the bottom of the league that is going to be battered for 90 minutes every week.

Posted (edited)

Is Ramsdale better than Pope? What would he bring that would improve us? Could Pope be 2nd choice ,with Dubs/Karius away? Ramsdsle option may free up money for elsewhere? 

Edited by PauloGeordio

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Ramsdale is an upgrade on Pope though, as despite Pope being a better shot stopper that isn’t the sole function of a modern day goalkeeper, unless you are a club near the bottom of the league that is going to be battered for 90 minutes every week.

Disagree. He’s better with his feet and distribution and not at anything else. 

Difficult to quantify that using stats and I suppose it also depends how you weight it. In regards to is it worth having a worse (IMO) traditional goalkeeper. If he is better with his feet? 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Well then I basically just disagree with you. Ramsdale might end up being a better 'keeper and he is better with his feet by default while not being near Allison, Ederson, Ortega level, but the idea of him being an upgrade on Pope is completely alien to me tbh, at least at the moment. He's also not the calm type of goalkeeper that Pope is and that I much prefer.