NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

12 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Pope and Bruno for 80m, that article can fuck right off :lol:

Didn't even bother finishing it.

No idea who wrote that nonsense and what they were on.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Selling Pope and bringing in a young, promising keeper as backup (or an old, cheap one) would make more sense from a resource standpoint compared to having Pope and Giorgi.

Just seems like too much upheaval in one window for me, Eddie is big on continuity and I don't see him wanting to take a sledgehammer to the entire goalkeeping department.

Yes, we're retaining Gillespie but I don't see him being last man standing whilst we move three senior keepers out, buy in two or maybe even three.

Wouldn't be surprised if we buy Giorgi, him and Pope share the gloves (particularly if we get in the Connie League) and they fight it out for top spot. Competition is what we've lacked, it's been Pope and then two knackers (Dubravka/Darlow/Karius) supposedly challenging him ever since he came in. The geezer is untouchable at the min and Eddie won't want that IMO.

Edited by Pilko

Fine with new keeper, but without question need an addition who can make a real impact in the final third, be it a winger or striker... You'd think some more depth in midfield would be on the shopping list as well, but who knows what our budget looks like - at least we'll have Tonali back, and year-older Miley to throw in if need be

Feels to me, quite a few players have been told the club will listen to offers, and the players know now is probably a good time to move on. Cash in on a new solid deal elsewhere whilst their stock is at a good level, instead of staying, don’t feature too much and stock falls. 

They’ve been on the journey for 2+ seasons, and know the club want to go next level. Most players aware of their surroundings and ability will be happy to leave on good terms.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I was genuinely excited about that transfer, given we supposedly beat Liverpool to the deal. Not a bad player, just completely unsuited to us.

He was never a left winger in the PL. Would have been much more productive in the middle of a more modern formation. 

30 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He was never a left winger in the PL. Would have been much more productive in the middle of a more modern formation. 

Remember that being the general consensus on here.

45 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Just seems like too much upheaval in one window for me, Eddie is big on continuity and I don't see him wanting to take a sledgehammer to the entire goalkeeping department.

Yes, we're retaining Gillespie but I don't see him being last man standing whilst we move three senior keepers out, buy in two or maybe even three.

Wouldn't be surprised if we buy Giorgi, him and Pope share the gloves (particularly if we get in the Connie League) and they fight it out for top spot. Competition is what we've lacked, it's been Pope and then two knackers (Dubravka/Darlow/Karius) supposedly challenging him ever since he came in. The geezer is untouchable at the min and Eddie won't want that IMO.

I agree from a squad standpoint, but it seems questionable financially unless we have more headroom than believed.

I wonder if the Paqueta ban will give us more of a chance at Bowen. Apparently West Ham’s summer plans where based on the money they would get for Paqueta.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wonder if the Paqueta ban will give us more of a chance at Bowen. Apparently West Ham’s summer plans where based on the money they would get for Paqueta.

Dont see us going for Bowen. I reckon we will think he’s too expensive for his age. 

14 minutes ago, Deuce said:

If we sign Mams, it doesn’t do us any good to then have a disgruntled Pope.

Then that means us needing to sign 2 keepers

28 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Dont see us going for Bowen. I reckon we will think he’s too expensive for his age. 

He’s be a damn good signing though, ready made premiership winger, I wouldn’t be disappointed. Still I’ve said before Olise would be my preferred choice.

Ya, if we can sort out our defensive needs so early, we can focus on getting in a top RW plus a Wilson replacement if possible, as well as getting rid of the deadwood for the rest of the window. Would be happy with that.

8 hours ago, black_n_white said:

He’s be a damn good signing though, ready made premiership winger, I wouldn’t be disappointed. Still I’ve said before Olise would be my preferred choice.

Yes. Im not doubting that he is a very good player. 

Olise and Calvert-Lewin would be very good to me. Gordon - Isak - Olise ouff. Barnes and Calvert-Lewin on the bench.. 

Olise of course, he’s an amazing player. DCL? No thank you, he can either stay at Everton or go to a different club in the bottom half 

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Olise of course, he’s an amazing player. DCL? No thank you, he can either stay at Everton or go to a different club in the bottom half 

I’ve gone on record before saying injuries don’t bother me that much in terms of new signings but DCL would concern me. The reason Wilson is an issue is because he can’t stay fit, DCL seems to struggle even more than Wilson. 

33 minutes ago, Sweee said:

Olise and Calvert-Lewin would be very good to me. Gordon - Isak - Olise ouff. Barnes and Calvert-Lewin on the bench.. 

DCL is an excellent talent but has as bad if not worse injury issues than Wilson. Unless it’s been revealed that they’ve got to the bottom of whatever was causing his injury best to give a wide birth completely.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Shame we're strapped until that date, might have picked up MGW.

We could move on this . Do the deal on June 30th and next to no spend goes in our accounts but all the income goes in theirs.