NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Thought MGW was one of the most impressive opposition players to grace SJP this year tbh. He was excellent on Boxing Day.

He's absolutely class, but I assume he'd cost an absolute fortune too?

12 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Thought MGW was one of the most impressive opposition players to grace SJP this year tbh. He was excellent on Boxing Day.

Indeed. He did an excellent job of shutting Bruno down when we had possession.

Suspect his price tag would be a bit hefty for us unfortunately, even with Forest’s financial issues.

I’ve said it before but I can see shower turning Gibbs-White in to one of the most impressive players in the league, potentially more than he has with Gordon.

No doubting his quality, but I really don’t see where MGW plays in our set up. He can’t come into a midfield three as his best work is in forward areas and is far less defensively minded than everyone else. We’re already so open in that midfield as it is.

Maybe he works on the right side, but I’d be looking for someone with more flair, pace and trickery 

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’ve said it before but I can see shower turning Gibbs-White in to one of the most impressive players in the league, potentially more than he has with Gordon.

He has bad BO?

If it’s true that Forest desperately need to sell, MGW makes a lot of sense. He’d fetch them the largest return, even if it’s less than what they might have gotten for him last summer.

obviously a good player but not what we need imo. We already have loads of chaos players. We need more control.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

While DCL wouldn't have been my first choice, he's 27 - very good in the air and is an all arounder who Howe could work his magic with. If we could get him for a good price, cool with me. I trust Howe to make the right calls on players. 

The guy can’t stay fit, you’re replacing Wilson with a younger version. 

I doubt we sign anyone or fully commit to targets until we know for definite what’s happening with Tosin and Kelly. If we don’t manage to bring them in then I’d imagine a CB becomes more a priority over a GK.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I doubt we sign anyone or fully commit to targets until we know for definite what’s happening with Tosin and Kelly. If we don’t manage to bring them in then I’d imagine a CB becomes more a priority over a GK.

I agree.

This fee for Mamardashvili is likely contingent on not having to commit any outlay to the centre back position.

In the interest of good will, they can have Miggy and £30m for MGW due to their kind donations for Shelvey and Wood (who you could easily argue has been a bargain for them actually)

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I agree.

This fee for Mamardashvili is likely contingent on not having to commit any outlay to the centre back position.

If reports are to be believed it's also dependent (from the player's side) on City winning tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If reports are to be believed it's also dependent (from the player's side) on City winning tomorrow.

Interesting. I could see that too.

Would especially make sense if he's been sold on coming in as deputy initially until he settles in and adjusts to the English game. Getting game time in the cup competitions to start with.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Even more reason to get rooting for City.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Even more reason to get rooting for City.

If the opposition being Man U wasn’t enough.

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

The guy can’t stay fit, you’re replacing Wilson with a younger version. 

He stayed fit the majority of last season.

Just now, The Prophet said:

More chance of that dopey fucker setting up all the new player threads being correct over this

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Is that Mamardashvili?

I'm not sure I believe that mind. The pull of the Europa Conference isnt that great.