NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We may need to rethink our transfer strategy after missing out on Europe. I’d been told, on pretty good authority (one person removed from the player himself), that Bruno has been told that if we qualify for Europe that we wouldn’t need to sell him (based on current strategy) and he doesn’t want to go.

Quite how this now unfolds will be interesting, do we try and offload some other players we weren’t planning to release, do we revise our list of targets to save money?

One thing that is now likely to happen is that Clubs will be looking to unsettle the likes of Bruno and Isak with the attraction of European football and it’s something we can’t offer to prospective targets.

I think it’s a bigger blow than it may look.

Several reports in the media are reporting that Bruno wont be sold after the release clause has expired and no one can afford Isak.

16 minutes ago, NSG said:

Yep. Offers of any sorts for the following and they should be off:

Dubravka

Lewis

Targett

Almiron

Hayden

Fraser

Wilson

Plus those out of contract can all go:

Ritchie

Dummett

Karius

Hendrick

Sure I’ll have forgotten some. 

Dúbravka    Sell
Karius          Release
Ashby          Loan
Watts           Release
Targett        Sell
Dummett     Release
Bondswell   Release
Lewis          Sell
Hayden       Sell
Hendrick     Release
Ritchie        Release
Fraser         Sell
Kuol            Loan
Minteh        Loan
Almirón       Sell
Wilson        Sell

Pretty much exactly what my thoughts are, aye. You didn't forget anyone of note.

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We may need to rethink our transfer strategy after missing out on Europe. I’d been told, on pretty good authority (one person removed from the player himself), that Bruno has been told that if we qualify for Europe that we wouldn’t need to sell him (based on current strategy) and he doesn’t want to go.

Quite how this now unfolds will be interesting, do we try and offload some other players we weren’t planning to release, do we revise our list of targets to save money?

One thing that is now likely to happen is that Clubs will be looking to unsettle the likes of Bruno and Isak with the attraction of European football and it’s something we can’t offer to prospective targets.

I don't see Conference league money being the difference between Bruno leaving or not.

Might be a daft question, but do players want to be playing in the Conference League? Or want to be playing Thursday–Sunday a lot?

They buzz about 'days off' at the best of times :lol:.

I’d listen to offers for anyone other than:

Isak 

Bruno

Gordon

Tino

Hall

Sven

Tonali

Obviously happy to see others stay, but wouldn’t be gutted to see them go either.

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Will the Europa Conference make such a large difference?

Not being flippant here, genuinely curious. I'm sure I read that trip to Oz was worth more than a run in that tournament unless we get right to the business end.

That will probably affect us in regards to a few next signings, but doubt it'll make any difference to those already here. Next season is now massive for progression though. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I don't see Conference league money being the difference between Bruno leaving or not.

Selling a player around 20m will help a lot. Its like selling Bruno is the only way out :lol:. its 100m and will transform our transfer ability. Its boring and over dramatic.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d listen to offers for anyone other than:

Isak 

Bruno

Gordon

Tino

Hall

Sven

Tonali

Obviously happy to see others stay, but wouldn’t be gutted to see them go either.

Not Joelinton for me. He's more valuable to us than he might be to others fighting for the top 4.

I’m looking at this from a FFP position. Missing out on Europe cuts a revenue stream to grow club income. Every last pound the actual club can generate is a pretty big deal at this stage in our development.

It'd be interesting to know how the Europa Conference is thought of within the game. Obviously its great for fans, but with it effectively being the third rung of European football it'd be interesting to know how much prestige players attach to it.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

I’m just relaying what the player has said; it’s a more likely thing than it was 3 hours ago. I can’t think anyone actually wants it to happen. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'd be interesting to know how the Europa Conference is thought of within the game. Obviously its great for fans, but with it effectively being the third rung of European football it'd be interesting to know how much prestige players attach to it.

Ah just saw @Rich's post above. 

It's ab interesting point though.

58 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

About £20m all in for winning when you chuck in match income plus the rumoured sponsorship add ons. 

ffs, hadnt even thought of it that way.

Just now, The Prophet said:

We'd have to actually win it though.

I wonder if bot having to conform to UEFA rules will have any impact. I doubt it mind.

On the face of it, can’t we spend more now we aren’t in Europe ?

3 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Harvey Barnes has been a very cut and dried miss at 40 million... Stands to make up for his lack of fitness and performance in seasons to come but as of right now, a very poor piece of business with Diaby and Maddison going for around the same price tag

Both of the two you've mentioned haven't exactly done much better mind. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Will the Europa Conference make such a large difference?

Not being flippant here, genuinely curious. I'm sure I read that trip to Oz was worth more than a run in that tournament unless we get right to the business end.

Maybe the actual competition, but if you include match day revenue if we went all the way, then you're looking at 7 home games, then it would be a lot more

Europe is Europe in my book. A few quid extra another option of winning a trophy. The fans would love it and it will help with coefficientsy in upcoming draws. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It'd be interesting to know how the Europa Conference is thought of within the game. Obviously it’s jegreat for fans, but with it effectively being the third rung of European football it'd be interesting to know how much prestige players attach to it.

The problem with the EC is the lack of so called big league depth: you put 2 teams from England, Italy, France, Germany, Spain and it looks a lot better 

The CL league literally feeds 10 clubs per season and it’s virtually the same 10

Man Utd getting an extra 25-30m than us in the CL - it’s a joke - filter that money down to the other competitions 

Posted (edited)

Sad state of affairs when people are more disappointed about missing out on Europe for financial, rather than sporting reasons.

Edited by SUPERTOON