NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Sad state of affairs when people are more disappointed about missing out on Europe for financial, rather than sporting reasons.

Realities of FFP unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

We may need to rethink our transfer strategy after missing out on Europe. I’d been told, on pretty good authority (one person removed from the player himself), that Bruno has been told that if we qualify for Europe that we wouldn’t need to sell him (based on current strategy) and he doesn’t want to go.

Quite how this now unfolds will be interesting, do we try and offload some other players we weren’t planning to release, do we revise our list of targets to save money?

One thing that is now likely to happen is that Clubs will be looking to unsettle the likes of Bruno and Isak with the attraction of European football and it’s something we can’t offer to prospective targets.

I think it’s a bigger blow than it may look.

Not doubting your info for one minute but this is something I’ve struggled to get my head around for a while when it comes to increasing our budget. Why sell off our prized assets when we have plenty of players who aren’t good enough for where we want to progress to as a club? Now Europe isn’t a factor and we don’t need to hit a club trained quota, Longstaff should be a real consideration to be sold, for example. 

33 minutes ago, Ash said:

Not doubting your info for one minute but this is something I’ve struggled to get my head around for a while when it comes to increasing our budget. Why sell off our prized assets when we have plenty of players who aren’t good enough for where we want to progress to as a club? Now Europe isn’t a factor and we don’t need to hit a club trained quota, Longstaff should be a real consideration to be sold, for example. 

Yeah I don’t get it either, the players that we will release this summer will save us in excess of £10m a year, that’s half of what we would have made in the ECL, and the sale of a longstaff or almiron will get us the rest of the way. 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Dúbravka    Sell
Karius          Release
Ashby          Loan
Watts           Release
Targett        Sell
Dummett     Release
Bondswell   Release
Lewis          Sell
Hayden       Sell
Hendrick     Release
Ritchie        Release
Fraser         Sell
Kuol            Loan
Minteh        Loan
Almirón       Sell
Wilson        Sell

Pretty much exactly what my thoughts are, aye. You didn't forget anyone of note.

I agree with all that - selling the likes of Hayden and Lewis ain't gonna be easy though ?

1 minute ago, duo said:

I agree with all that - selling the likes of Hayden and Lewis ain't gonna be easy though ?

Thought they bought/are buying Hayden out of his last year? 

11 minutes ago, maze said:

That Ashby kid not good enough to keep as backup?

needs to work with Eddie before we know.

22 minutes ago, maze said:

I wrote Hall off, so Fuck knows.

11 minutes ago, huss9 said:

needs to work with Eddie before we know.

Agreed. The Swansea loan was a real dud despite a promising start.

45 minutes ago, maze said:

I was expecting more. Got a West Ham supporting mate who was gutted when we got him. Talked of him the way Chelsea fans went on about Hall.

30 minutes ago, madras said:

I was expecting more. Got a West Ham supporting mate who was gutted when we got him. Talked of him the way Chelsea fans went on about Hall.

Same.

Ashby was injured alot at Swansea last season. Hopefully Howe will see a good amount of him in pre season and be able to make a decision one way or another.

5 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Thought they bought/are buying Hayden out of his last year? 

Aye, Hayden's gone.

Always felt like it would be a big ask. He is super comfortable there. Would only think he'd have his head turned by a Liverpool or City, and they're not coming in for him. Can see him staying at West Ham for the rest of his career.

15 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Can see us “doing a Botman” and signing people on 1 July.

It literally means we could sign people before then and it having minimal impact on this years accounts, providing with have slight headroom in this years figures to do so.