NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

He left there a few months before his 20th birthday but the point still stands, just because a player doesn’t fulfil their potential at Dortmund it doesn’t mean that they never will.

How many appearances did Isak make for Dortmund 1st team? How old was he when he did? 
How many appearances has Adeyemi made for them?

Theres not really an equivalence imo.

Also, who’s arguing the point that if you don’t make it at Dortmund you never will? Haven’t read a post that states that as an absolute. 

Is there anything in Adeyemi’s stats that convinces you he’s a top talent that’s badly used/trained? Is there anything in his general play apart from pace that sets him apart? Genuine question btw. I haven’t seen it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there but I haven’t seen anything obvious.

The “not rating Wharton highly enough line” is a bit misleading I reckon. We would have had to miss out on one of our other signings, and we clearly didn’t think we’d be leaning as much on 17 year old Lewis Miley.

Right player, wrong time. Don’t think there’s much more to it than that.

13 minutes ago, Lotus said:

How many appearances did Isak make for Dortmund 1st team? How old was he when he did? 
How many appearances has Adeyemi made for them?

Theres not really an equivalence imo.

Also, who’s arguing the point that if you don’t make it at Dortmund you never will? Haven’t read a post that states that as an absolute. 

Is there anything in Adeyemi’s stats that convinces you he’s a top talent that’s badly used/trained? Is there anything in his general play apart from pace that sets him apart? Genuine question btw. I haven’t seen it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there but I haven’t seen anything obvious.

So my point is that just because a young player doesn’t fulfil his potential at Dortmund doesn’t mean he won’t anywhere else, you don’t disagree with that but still want to argue the point? Brilliant.

I don’t know why Isak didn’t fulfil his potential at Dortmund but he didn’t, that isn’t knocking Isak so no need to jump to his defence on that, sometimes it doesn’t work out and we have benefitted from that so it worked for us.

As for Adeyemi, he looks to me like someone with the speed and trickery that you would look for in a wide player but he hasn’t put it all together yet, similar to Gordon before he came here actually. His decision making is also quite poor and there doesn’t seem to be any development in his game around that, so what you do with a player like that is invest time in working with them individually on routines and scenarios to almost take the decision away from them and it becoming instinct.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If we had signed Wharton he would have probably been back up to an injured Longstaff over the second half of the season anyway to be fair.

:lol:

It would be realistic anyways, as we all know we are at our FFP limit of not over if, I’m not sure where the extra money to pay for him comes from. 

2 hours ago, Ste said:

The “not rating Wharton highly enough line” is a bit misleading I reckon. We would have had to miss out on one of our other signings, and we clearly didn’t think we’d be leaning as much on 17 year old Lewis Miley.

Right player, wrong time. Don’t think there’s much more to it than that.

Exactly. We might of chosen Tonali over him depending on the timing of the discussions and back ourselves to develope Miley who probably surprised a few with his development.

Got to wonder if we were wrong about Wharton, were we actually right about Gordon, Bruno, Isak, Botman, Tino, Pope and last few or so games of the season Hall.

Time will tell.

9 hours ago, r0cafella said:

:lol:

It would be realistic anyways, as we all know we are at our FFP limit of not over if, I’m not sure where the extra money to pay for him comes from. 

"Saudi Arabia announces huge Venky's chicken deal"

"Newcastle sign Wharton on 2 year loan to buy"

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Eze has a £60 million release clause.

Would be nice but if it's true that MGW is available for a similar fee I think I'd rather have him.

Chiesa would be great, I'd love a fancy foreign signing & I used to like watching his dad on Football Italia. He speaks excellent English as well so there's a good chance he's settle ok. I imagine it's pretty unlikely we'd get him, but it would be fun.