NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

MGW is the exact player I could see us signing tbh.

same, he’d be perfect for us I reckon. I’d love to see him in black and white.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The one good thing about him playing so much last season, is that it at least put him on the radar for other clubs, for a possible transfer this summer.

Can only assume they noticed that he was playing regularly and didn’t actually watch him “play”.

43 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Can only assume they noticed that he was playing regularly and didn’t actually watch him “play”.

Doesn't suit what we do, with our high line and press, but is still good enough for teams lower down or in lesser leagues.

Certainly would be a decent pick up for Celtic to replace Hart.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Doesn't suit what we do, with our high line and press, but is still good enough for teams lower down or in lesser leagues.

Certainly would be a decent pick up for Celtic to replace Hart.

Wouldn’t wish him on any PL club. Will cost most sides 10+ points versus a good keeper and for most sides that a mediocre season turning into serious relegation trouble - assuming he plays all season of course.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why would he move to a shitty league to play 2nd choice to Joe Hart?

Hart retired at the end of last season.

1 minute ago, LRD said:

Hart retired at the end of last season.

I did not know this 🙂 know he’s been around ages but he didn’t seem over the hill.

Fingers crossed Dubs doesn't do a howler at the Euros and put everyone off. I remember him getting slated for a high profile error at a tournament when he was doing well for us and we were bigging him up.

On 09/07/2023 at 22:44, The Prophet said:

I still have a feeling we might try to sign Lloyd Kelly. Howe loved him at Bournemouth, in that last year of his deal and can cover LCB and LB.

Like I said.

Did I do it right?

Edited by The Prophet

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Like I said.

Did I do it right?

Very good.

I predicted on this very forum that we would sign Owen at the start of the 2005 summer transfer window. I did a big long post basically detailing why we were his only option for a return to England. 

What a fucking disaster.:lol:

Perfect signing for the retirement league that is the SPL. A maximum of six competitive domestic games and the same in Europe (competitive might be stretching it as Celtic and Rangers have had some reet humpings of late).

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Like I said.

Did I do it right?

Good spot that man! Not sure about your hit rate though, I’ve just read countless posts by you that we were nailed on to get: Victor Osimhen, Cole Palmer, Connor Gallagher, Phil Foden, Michael Olise and Rodrygo….(not really 😉). 

22 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Perfect signing for the retirement league that is the SPL. A maximum of six competitive domestic games and the same in Europe (competitive might be stretching it as Celtic and Rangers have had some reet humpings of late).

I wonder if he would be happier winning the league or whether his league cup medal last season is still his proudest achievement. 

10 hours ago, lovejoy said:

same, he’d be perfect for us I reckon. I’d love to see him in black and white.

I really hope we sign him, if finances are there. Improved each season for last three, and feels this is the summer window he could be signed. Don't, would expect him to move to one of the other 'big' sides in 2025 when he continues his upward trajectory, and would be in England squad under new manager.

Can take the ball on the half turn in central areas, which is the type of player we so badly lack in our attacking cohort. Strong centrally, but good in wide areas too if allowed to drift inside to find the ball.

Him and Gordon played so well together at U21s in 2023, which must help drive the interest.

27 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I really hope we sign him, if finances are there. Improved each season for last three, and feels this is the summer window he could be signed. Don't, would expect him to move to one of the other 'big' sides in 2025 when he continues his upward trajectory, and would be in England squad under new manager.

Can take the ball on the half turn in central areas, which is the type of player we so badly lack in our attacking cohort. Strong centrally, but good in wide areas too if allowed to drift inside to find the ball.

Him and Gordon played so well together at U21s in 2023, which must help drive the interest.

Could have, in a PSR free world, had Gordon, Palmer and Gibbs-White in the same side. I, for one, would definitely have been more interested in the England team in the future! 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Could have, in a PSR free world, had Gordon, Palmer and Gibbs-White in the same side. I, for one, would definitely have been more interested in the England team in the future! 

Would any of them get sold in PSR free world? Doubt Palmer would have been. 

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Would any of them get sold in PSR free world? Doubt Palmer would have been. 

I think he would have. He made it clear he didn’t want to stay, Guardiola confirmed it. 

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I think he would have. He made it clear he didn’t want to stay, Guardiola confirmed it. 

Not sure the club would have been as keen to sell if they didn’t have to balance the books (:yao:)

We’ll never know like.

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

He wanted to leave for about 2 years 

In Savio they had his replacement lined up