NUFC Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The only way we can get a full back this window is it Trips leaves, if not I think we will spend our resources elsewhere. 

Makes sense if the Trippier exit rumours are true. Would have to be right side and realistically an understudy for Tino. 

Just now, Nucasol said:

Makes sense if the Trippier exit rumours are true. Would have to be right side and realistically an understudy for Tino. 

Precisely, as usual our name will be used a lot to bid up the price of players moving. As fans we should know which links makes sense and which don’t. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Precisely, as usual our name will be used a lot to bid up the price of players moving. As fans we should know which links makes sense and which don’t. 

I still think half the players we sign won’t be formally on the radar yet. They got Kelly but that was well signposted for six months. Greek lad and Ruddy, not a scooby.

Just now, Nucasol said:

I still think half the players we sign won’t be formally on the radar yet. They got Kelly but that was well signposted for six months. Greek lad and Ruddy, not a scooby.

Ruddy and the Greek lad I don’t even count them to be honest, both signed to make the numbers up nothing more. 

Expecting a RW, Right Cb and a forward personally and some prospects in the mould of Minteh. 

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

Surely Brighton are able to spend money than us this window and therefore have greater resources than us?

Having the FFP room does not equal having the resources to spend, as a club we will spend up to what we can get away with for FFP where as Brightons whole model is built on signing young players with potential to develop before selling on for a profit.

That doesn’t include wage structures due to affordability that Brighton have to work to due to the size of the club.

Unless we are going to compare our transfers to Man City, then we shouldn’t be comparing Brightons to ours.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

You literally said our fans would be happy with them 3 as our first 3 signings

Don't think they would when none of them are getting into our starting 11

Hows that mental

As I just explained a lot of fans on here myself included were buzzing about minteh and didn’t want him to go and also a lot of fans on here were buzzing at the thought of signing crozier duberry. That’s literal evidence our fans would be happy with those players. 

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Brighton have more FFP headroom than most, that’s without question but it’s extremely unlikely they suddenly lose the plot and outspend the league. 

No one said outspend the league. I just on this window they have a much bigger scope to buy players than us. If we are restricted to £100m approximately like some have been saying I don’t see it that far fetched they spend more than that this window.

If the rules were different then I totally get the point but the rules as they are the reality is Brighton have more resources than us due to lots of big player & coaching sales in last couple of years. Therefore our expectations should be far closer to Brighton’s than Man City’s.

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

As I just explained a lot of fans on here myself included were buzzing about minteh and didn’t want him to go and also a lot of fans on here were buzzing at the thought of signing crozier duberry. That’s literal evidence our fans would be happy with those players. 

It’s always exciting having new/existing good young players to come through. Not at the expense of guaranteed first team starters though or, as things stand financially, being able to fill gaps elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

No one said outspend the league. I just on this window they have a much bigger scope to buy players than us. If we are restricted to £100m approximately like some have been saying I don’t see it that far fetched they spend more than that this window.

If the rules were different then I totally get the point but the rules as they are the reality is Brighton have more resources than us due to lots of big player & coaching sales in last couple of years. Therefore our expectations should be far closer to Brighton’s than Man City’s.

I don’t think Brighton’s owner is willing to spend 100m+ net this window. I could be wrong but I don’t see it. 

All Brighton have more than us is FFP headroom, in every other metric they are behind us. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think Brighton’s owner is willing to spend 100m+ net this window. I could be wrong but I don’t see it. 

All Brighton have more than us is FFP headroom, in every other metric they are behind us. 

Well we’ll find out when window closes. Brighton owner not daft. I personally feel after quite of lot of sales he’ll know they need at least one season where he reverses the ratio to ensure the quality is high enough to maintain comfortable premier league status and European qualification. Especially with such a young inexperienced manager this season. 

Out of interest how much they spent so far this window?

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It is likely that Brighton have more FFP headroom than Man City. 

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Didn’t realise our name had been thrown in the mix for Pavlovic. Of course Odd Todd would want to hijack for his 11th central defender.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-to-hijack-another-newcastle-united-transfer-target-as-interest-in-ps25m-centre-back-grows-4693658

He's left footed and plays on the left side and so not sure there's anything to this one.

More likely to be the other centre back on the team Oumar Solet, who were linked to a lot last summer. He's in the last year of his deal now too.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Been linked with Newcastle a fair bit going back a few years now, and so maybe he's one that is in the database.

If Trippier leaves maybe he's an option we're considering.

The fact he can play both sides means he ticks the box for me 

14 hours ago, gdm said:

Exactly this. That’s exciting business for Brighton. Half the forum didn’t want Minteh to leave and a load were hyping up this crozier-duberry kid. This place is mental at times 

What's interesting about Minteh is that we were competing with Brighton for his signature when we signed him. That they are happy to now pay north of £30m for him means they must really rate him, so will be watching to see how he gets on next season. Hopefully not too well.

Don't worry about what Brighton are doing. Admire it fine, but they have different objectives.

We can't be what they are and be a genuine contender for top 4.

Buying to sell and real ambition don't go hand in hand so our remit will be different.

The players we sign will be the best that we can go for at a given point in time, we buy young so if the the club does begin to outgrow their use, we can make back a good portion of that transfer fee if not more on occasion.

I'm assuming Paul Mitchell's objective will be to get the best value on the pitch that's within our budget.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Don't worry about what Brighton are doing. Admire it fine, but they have different objectives.

We can't be what they are and be a genuine contender for top 4.

Buying to sell and real ambition don't go hand in hand so our remit will be different.

The players we sign will be the best that we can go for at a given point in time, we buy young so if the the club does begin to outgrow their use, we can make back a good portion of that transfer fee if not more on occasion.

I'm assuming Paul Mitchell's objective will be to get the best value on the pitch that's within our budget.

Didn't we buy Minteh to sell?  All the biggest clubs are good at developing players to sell for PSR reasons