NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Yeah but he’s like 20. That’s like saying Miley isn’t even our best midfielder. 

not really coz Summerville, their best winger is only 2 years older than him so it’s not comparable at all 

Gnonto should have been in Italy's squad this summer I thought. I don't really know why he's faded out of the NT picture after breaking through so young - given the quality of the top 3 in the Championship is certainly comparable to Serie A sides outside the top 7.

I think he'd be underwhelming though if he was our main RW signing. I also don't think he's a legitimate option upfront - so doesn't fulfil that 'versatile forward' profile we keep hearing is on the radar to replace Wilson. He could probably do a job as a second striker but not a CF.

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Gnonto should have been in Italy's squad this summer I thought. I don't really know why he's faded out of the NT picture after breaking through so young -

Coz he’s had a poor season with injuries and consistency with a strop thrown in at the start of the season 

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Mbeumo would be a much better fit if we are looking domestically 

Why not both? Mbeumo straight into RW and Gnonto, ignoring the fact you don't rate him, back up for all 3 front positions*

Midget CF so Gordon goes there, Gnonto/Barnes LW. 

MBeumo/Gnonto RW

Do me

If Gnonto is the best we can do with more than 100mil to spend I'd be very worried about our scouting and our ambition. He had a very disappointing season, didn't even look committed at times.. even at his best, he lacks any sort of creative vision and he's shooort.. I'd stay well clear. 

Not a fan of Summerville either, we should aim higher for the wing position. Rutter is an exciting creative attacker but his decision making looks shit too.

I'd never suggest a fellow countryman just cause of the nationality bullshit but Iliya Gruev would be my only pick from Leeds - seemed very composed and assured in his debut season and plays the deep-lying playmaker role a bit like Bruno.. would be an interesting option for a cheaper understudy

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Think you need to watch more of him tbh.

You are right, I haven't watched much at all, basically only the 0-0 game against us where he looked a small and irksome pest. I said he looked ok, but not CL quality which is what I would want. Or at least potential CL quality, but then you don't see many CL clubs sniffing around, and I think it's because he's too small.

39 minutes ago, gdm said:

not really coz Summerville, their best winger is only 2 years older than him so it’s not comparable at all 

2 years of good development isn’t something to be sniffed at. See your point though.

In any case, I’d definitely prefer Summerville.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

My personal opinion; Gnoto not good enough and far too small for Eddie. Summerville; meh.

We have to be signing better than either of those.

Agree very underwhelming after letting the Gambian Messi go, could see him outshining both of them in the PL.

Nico Williams or bust.

As has been recently proven with the appointments of Mitchell and Bunce and the departures of Staveley and Ghodoussi, the club doesn't leak unless it suits (ie when we're looking to move on players). The only way people are going to get wind of our business is when it's announced or possibly from an incoming player's agent. 

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

As has been recently proven with the appointments of Mitchell and Bunce and the departures of Staveley and Ghodoussi, the club doesn't leak unless it suits (ie when we're looking to move on players). The only way people are going to get wind of our business is when it's announced or possibly from an incoming player's agent. 

It benefits selling clubs and agents to leak information in the hope of getting in to a bidding war, for both fee and wages.

11 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Having to let Minteh go and signing inferior players like Gnonto for a probable higher fee, would be a bitter pill to swallow.

There is no way anyone can know if Gnonto is a inferior player to Minteh