NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

The justification for that wage though is him producing it on the top stage. Yea, if you play top level for 2-3 season for us you will get to that, but if you’ve done it at the top, and it’s with a big transfer fee, it’s expected to come with big wages. Players kick up a fuss about that, they know where the door is.

Not saying your thinking is wrong it's the chicken and the egg analogy though do you get to champions league a few years in a row and signings like that  become a justified crown jewel type signing your high revenue allow you to get.

Or do you do it now without the revenue in place to get where you want to be faster but with no gaurentees.

The latter of the two carries more risk if you start paying big big wages that player expectations are a side constantly in the champions league or you affect squad harmony by signaling out a player on ultra high wages relative to everyone else. In turn it's human nature if someone comes in on big wages and you know your own worth your going to want it to which raises overall costs where the team can't ever afford to be out of Europe. 

I know we will have to do it eventually as all the big teams offer big wages just saying for now we still don't know if that champions league finish is the norm for us going forward or not offering 250/300k wages is a big shift for us. 

2 hours ago, CallumG6 said:

Was chatting to a colleague about this earlier, particularly Williams' case.

Because Bilbao don't spend any money on transfers due to their Basque youth setup, I can only think they've got a lot of budget to spend on players wages instead.

Yeah, Bilbao have to pay big wages to keep their players and they have no need for money. How would they replace the Williams brothers if they wanted to leave even if they had a billion in their accounts? :lol:

34 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

The justification for that wage though is him producing it on the top stage. Yea, if you play top level for 2-3 season for us you will get to that, but if you’ve done it at the top, and it’s with a big transfer fee, it’s expected to come with big wages. Players kick up a fuss about that, they know where the door is.

Bringing in a player on a wage massively above everyone else is one of the fastest ways to help ruin team spirit within a group.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Bringing in a player on a wage massively above everyone else is one of the fastest ways to help ruin team spirit within a group.

Exactly. One of the reasons a bit of me actually thinks the whole FFP/PSR stuff actually has helped us in some ways forcing a slower build. Obviously we still need to be allowed to progress how we see fit but for phase 1 I honestly think it’s done us more good than harm.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Exactly. One of the reasons a bit of me actually thinks the whole FFP/PSR stuff actually has helped us in some ways forcing a slower build. Obviously we still need to be allowed to progress how we see fit but for phase 1 I honestly think it’s done us more good than harm.

Yeah, the team spirit and momentum were massive until the injury crisis last season stalled us a bit. We've had massive contributions from players who have no business competing for CL places in the PL.

Edited by Pata

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Probably been done but as I'm sweating for some rumours. Who would people's dream but realistic 3 signings be for Right wing, centre back and one tother ?

Bowen

Antonio Silva

Gallagher

Probably been done but as I'm sweating for some rumours. Who would people's dream but realistic 3 signings be for Right wing, centre back and one tother ?

Nico Williams (1% chance, 99% faith) No idea for RW now. :lol: Saw we got linked to Jonathan David in that Athletic article but isn't he more of a striker? Him I guess, if he can play out wide.

Tomori or Silva. But would be happy with Thiaw.

Mamardashvili.

Mbeumo

Thiaw

Tammy Abraham

From the latest Douglas article:

It’s understood there are “exciting” targets being monitored. An international forward is one of those being considered for a vacancy for a dynamic, versatile striker to supplement the lethal Isak.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s understood there are “exciting” targets being monitored. An international forward is one of those being considered for a vacancy for a dynamic, versatile striker to supplement the lethal Isak.

Oh Come On GIF

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

David?

3 hours ago, jack j said:

Raphinha

tomori

David

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Vacancy ? Has Wilson been told ?

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

another "blow ya socks off" moment.

hope its better than the last one.