NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I have a small follow up piece of information to this (sadly no name though). Apparently Howe has vetoed the sale of Miggy and wants the club to offer him a new contract instead. He wants the "new" RW to compete with Almiron rather than replace him ???

Howe out ;) 

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I have a small follow up piece of information to this (sadly no name though). Apparently Howe has vetoed the sale of Miggy and wants the club to offer him a new contract instead. He wants the "new" RW to compete with Almiron rather than replace him ???

fuck it, I like him and want him to stay :lol:

Morning chaps (and any Gels) Can you tell me which sources you take notice of? I know they're not gospel but which ones make you go Hmmmm? Theres so bloody many, so which ones should I take no notice of? Truth is, for centuries Ive always come here for the knowledge and some confirmation. Your opinions count.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

If true it's madness. No way we could reasonably carry all of new RW, Miggy and Murphy.

I guess it depends if the new right winger can also play as a striker, if so, then you would think we can afford to keep an additional winger in the squad

1 minute ago, Haz said:

Morning chaps (and any Gels) Can you tell me which sources you take notice of? I know they're not gospel but which ones make you go Hmmmm? Theres so bloody many, so which ones should I take no notice of? Truth is, for centuries Ive always come here for the knowledge and some confirmation. Your opinions count.

Morning Haz. Every source chats absolute shite. Nee fucker knows owt.

34 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

That would be a good argument for a DoF having full control over buying and selling. Almiron is toast, take the highest bid you can get.

13 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

What can we realistically spend this summer? With deals structured in instalments?

CB - £45m

MGW - £45M

Young attacker - £15m

Probably not that much given that we already spent £30m on Hall. I can see the PSR scare resulting in more restricted spending as well.

I think a new striker depends on selling Wilson, if that doesn’t happen then no new striker. Then maybe max £60/70m combined for the RW and CB, but again I think we need Almiron out for this. I can see us doing another loan to buy next summer if we don’t get the sales we want.

Edited by Kimbo

I think Almiron's energy can be useful off the bench tbh, the priority is ensuring we aren't going into the season with him as first choice. Selling isn't as easy as it sounds if we can't get good money and he doesn't want to leave.

Admittedly a new contract is not really the answer. 

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think Almiron's energy can be useful off the bench tbh, the priority is ensuring we aren't going into the season with him as first choice. Selling isn't as easy as it sounds if we can't get good money and he doesn't want to leave.

Admittedly a new contract is not really the answer. 

This, imo. Almiron inexplicably was the only player to stay reliably fit, which is insane when you consider how much he moves. If his end product was consistent we'd be laughing.

47 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

What can we realistically spend this summer? With deals structured in instalments?

CB - £45m

MGW - £45M

Young attacker - £15m

Double that man, we'll just sell the lasses team to ourselves for £100 million