NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Yes please. Been following him since he's half Finnish and we've long been holding on to some small hope he'd choose the Finnish national team. He's too good now so doesn't seem likely :lol: 

How do you pronounce his surname?

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

How do you pronounce his surname?

That's not a Finnish name :lol: It's Senegalese.

Milan played with their mother's maiden names on Mothers Day and he had "Päivärinta" on the shirt which I can pronounce if that helps...

Edited by Kasper

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think Chalobah would be an incredibly smart move from the club if we can get him for a good price. Underrated player.

Agree - very useful cover - a high caliber CB signing is still a must though 

27 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

One of the comments on this tweet “for 40million I’ll tattoo Furlani on my back” Furlani is AC’s CEO. Do the fans not rate Thiaw that highly?

They hate him :lol: . He’s had a poor season after his injury but they were saying he was going to be one of the best in the world one day just last season. Like most fans, Milanistas are a pretty fickle lot.

FWIW I don’t think he’s a world-beater but he’s still young and, at 25 odd million pounds, it’s a fair price for what he’d bring.

On 22/06/2023 at 20:41, worthy said:

i'm never gonna financially recover from this

Hobbes looks as good as ever but Calvin looks like shit.

Edited by Haz
Wrong thread?

16 minutes ago, McCormick said:

They hate him :lol: . He’s had a poor season after his injury but they were saying he was going to be one of the best in the world one day just last season. Like most fans, Milanistas are a pretty fickle lot.

FWIW I don’t think he’s a world-beater but he’s still young and, at 25 odd million pounds, it’s a fair price for what he’d bring.

Hoping he has world class potential though? 

The Bruno version of a centre back, if you will 

4 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Hoping he has world class potential though? 

The Bruno version of a centre back, if you will 

I would compare him with Yoro. Excellent physique, questionable positioning and decisions 

9 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Chalobah is a good player, don’t understand the pushback. Chelsea want rid so don’t think the fee will be particularly inflated either. 

I think the negativity is more that fans are only expecting one more defensive signing and he would be a bit underwhelming and not the long term RCB people want/hope for. If Trippier was going and we had the scope to sign Chalobah as CB/RB cover and a top centre back for the future, then I don’t think people would be as negative