NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was he average before this or just had a bad season this year?

He played only two years in Milan, so this is difficult to tell. He had a good 4-5 months in the first year. Then he made several mistakes and last year was bad. He is tall and powerful, but he is so slow. Marcus Thuram with his speed eats him in derby vs Inter.  He is not worth 30+ milions. You can buy better. 

Edited by jigen

10 minutes ago, jigen said:

He played only two years in Milan, so this is difficult to tell. He had a good 4-5 months in the first year. Then he made several mistakes and last year was bad. He is tall and powerful, but he is so slow. Marcus Thuram with his speed eats him in derby vs Inter.  He is not worth 30+ milions. You can buy better. 

I'd be really surprised if we bought a CB who is slow mind. Are you sure that's right?

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'd be really surprised if we bought a CB who is slow mind. Are you sure that's right?

He is slow in the change of direction and acceleration. He is not quick.

This is the gol of Thuram against Thiaw. You can see his weakness. 

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was he average before this or just had a bad season this year?

I don’t think jigen has had a good thing to say about any of the players we’ve been linked to :lol:

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I don’t think jigen has had a good thing to say about any of the players we’ve been linked to :lol:

Hehe.. I am realistic, because I know Serie A and is a very risky market. In serie A you must buy the tecnichal players and not the physical players, because if you have the physique in Italy you are dominant but this is not enough in PL.

But in serie a you can make very good deals. Kayode for example is a very good player. And the price is fair. You are linked with him and this would be a great signing. 

3 minutes ago, jigen said:

Hehe.. I am realistic, because I know Serie A and is a very risky market. In serie A you must buy the tecnichal players and not the physical players, because if you have the physique in Italy you are dominant but this is not enough in PL.

But in serie a you can make very good deals. Kayode for example is a very good player. And the price is fair. You are linked with him and this would be a great signing. 

Nah when you said Bowen would be a bad signing I’ve got a feeling you are at it [emoji38]

Not sure on Thiaw.. Haven't watched him and I'm not a good judge of defensive players but youtube clips usually try to show the best in a player.. he doesn't look very imposing or assertive and some of his defending is panicky.. Also the way he plays out from the back with his weaker foot so nonchalantly seems very strange.. Anyway, I'm sure Eddie has seen more than a couple of clips, so if that's the guy, that's the guy.

53 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He was really good the season before but he came back from his injury looking very shaky. He’s got enough about him to be a solid to potentially very good PL defender in time though, imo.

Sounds like he fits our profile.

7 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Not sure on Thiaw.. Haven't watched him and I'm not a good judge of defensive players but youtube clips usually try to show the best in a player.. he doesn't look very imposing or assertive and some of his defending is panicky.. Also the way he plays out from the back with his weaker foot so nonchalantly seems very strange.. Anyway, I'm sure Eddie has seen more than a couple of clips, so if that's the guy, that's the guy.

I'm skeptical we're going to pull the trigger on him. Have a feeling Mitchell will be looking for someone higher risk/more potential than Thiaw. The Thiaw interest, insofar as it is accurate and real, I would wager comes from Eddie and the coaching staff if I had to guess.

34 minutes ago, jigen said:

He is slow in the change of direction and acceleration. He is not quick.

This is the gol of Thuram against Thiaw. You can see his weakness. 

I expected to see something far worse than this based on your build up.

The issue here seems to be more about his technique 

Edited by timeEd32