NUFC Transfer Rumours

Whatever we sign they have to be great on the ball. We’re shocking with the ball too often. 

Edited by Ikon

This PSR is beyond a joke. It basically means we can buy 1 good player a year and by the time we have a new 1st 11, we need to renew it all over again.

We either have to challenge it legally, or take a hit somewhere.

Beyond a joke that we are basically at the same level as Bournemouth and Southampton.

Edited by Stifler

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Maybe we need more selfish cunts in our squad?

Rather than just sticking with Murphy

I'm sure there's a better RW out there than Murphy, who also can appreciate that it's nice to have team mates in a game of 11v11. :thup:

Just get a RW in, even if it’s some 19 year old that’s not there yet but has the ability to learn on the job. We can’t be getting 1500+ minutes out of either Murphy or Miggy at RW this season in the league 

Just now, Andy84 said:

That doesn’t sound good at all [emoji38]

Sounds like Howe says every time he's been asked about Transfers for the last 3 years tbh :lol: 

I imagine he’s very picky about who we go for. Both in a good and bad way really. Wonder if PM has as much control as he thought he would have. Just speculation of course.  

Edited by Ikon

Just now, gbandit said:

Just get a RW in, even if it’s some 19 year old that’s not there yet but has the ability to learn on the job. We can’t be getting 1500+ minutes out of either Murphy or Miggy at RW this season in the league 

You have set up the Minteh brigade here…

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

People still of the opinion CB more of a priority than RW?

Absolutely, probably moreso. ??? The fact we couldn't play through their press was probably the main reason for why we were so shoddy today. Meanwhile our goal came from the right-winger, delivered by the left-winger.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'm sure there's a better RW out there than Murphy, who also can appreciate that it's nice to have team mates in a game of 11v11. :thup:

Any names?

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Best thing Howe can do for himself, and the side, is to sit back and let Mitchell do what he does best.

I just wonder if there's some resistance there as to the type/character of player that Howe wants?

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

I just wonder if there's some resistance there as to the type/character of player that Howe wants?

I'm sure there is, and I respect that Howe cares about those things. With that said, I'd rather let Mitchell find the next Heung Min Son and Sadio Mane for us - both of whom he brought in for cheap. Hamstringing him with what looks like a Howe Veto just seems to defeat the purpose of bringing in Mitchell in the first place.

Of course, we don't know for sure to what extent Howe has say on transfers, but it seems a safe assumption that he has significant say, based on our lack of activity, and Mitchell's penchant for affordable youth talent, of which we've brought in almost zero since he's been here.