NUFC Transfer Rumours

37 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

A sitting coach when a Sporting Director comes in rarely works and I just wonder if Mitchell just fancies getting his own man in.

Do the whole “we tried” thing with signing players but privately keeping a war chest for someone new to come in.

Howe is not helping his cause currently, 2 very poor performances with what’s not a shit squad anymore.

Tonali coming back will be a huge thing.. but.. what if the form continues? And same for any of the long term injuries.. aside from Wilson, we can’t expect too much from Botman (or Lascelles) .. we’re pretty much full strength right now.

So if we don’t have the excuses from last season, will it be ok to start judging Howe on what’s being served up on the pitch and his decision making in terms of the signings we’ve made.

100% he's fighting for his future, and so he should be. I'd say Mitchell is in the same boat, he needs to make things happen or this window will be seen as a failure. I know most of the motion came from before his arrival, but he's had time to finish this off and hasn't delivered any xi changing targets so far.

Best for them both to get along and make this work. I'm not sure Howe got on particularly well with Ashworth, but still managed to bring some great players in.

Howe will be questioned about his loyalty to sub standard players, and the board/Mitchell will be questioned on why we've not been able to get rid and replace with better. 

With AS leaving, trippier throwing himself under the bus and players still missing, it's been quite a negative pre and start to the season. We need a bit of good news, a lift, and get the season going. A major signing would do that, but even landing Guehi after all this time and drama, wouldn't deliver that. It would be just OK, you did your job, finally. What next? 

45 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

A sitting coach when a Sporting Director comes in rarely works and I just wonder if Mitchell just fancies getting his own man in.

Do the whole “we tried” thing with signing players but privately keeping a war chest for someone new to come in.

Howe is not helping his cause currently, 2 very poor performances with what’s not a shit squad anymore.

Tonali coming back will be a huge thing.. but.. what if the form continues? And same for any of the long term injuries.. aside from Wilson, we can’t expect too much from Botman (or Lascelles) .. we’re pretty much full strength right now.

So if we don’t have the excuses from last season, will it be ok to start judging Howe on what’s being served up on the pitch and his decision making in terms of the signings we’ve made.

Twaddle. Villa, Brighton, Manchester City, RB Leipzig… that’s in 5 seconds of thinking while I finish a shit

44 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

2 very poor performances seems to be the narrative at the moment but we had 10 men for nearly 70 mins against Southampton? And won

Seems a bit unfair?

Granted we didn't play great just before the sending off but we started off okay against Southampton

I’m not convinced at all that Guehi would be the transformational kind of signing that the sort of money involved would indicate. He’s good and a great character by all accounts, but throw him in yesterday and would the result have been different?

Midfield is and has been our main issue. Maybe Tonali will sort that but we won’t know until after the window is shut 

The absolute last thing a new sporting director would want is a slump where they have to remove the manager and get a new one in. Massive disruption and a fair chance the new manager goes wrong. Look at Chelsea as one example.

If you move jobs do you hope your colleagues are all shite so you can sack them and hire new people? Mitchell will hope Howe works wonders again as it makes everyone’s lives easier.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m not convinced at all that Guehi would be the transformational kind of signing that the sort of money involved would indicate. He’s good and a great character by all accounts, but throw him in yesterday and would the result have been different?

Midfield is and has been our main issue. Maybe Tonali will sort that but we won’t know until after the window is shut 

Yes.Once Krafth was nearly done for pace by Evanilson (Ref called foul) our pressing stopped

13 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Twaddle. Villa, Brighton, Manchester City, RB Leipzig… that’s in 5 seconds of thinking while I finish a shit

Brighton? They replaced Ashworth immediately and have changed coach since.

Pep started 3 years after their Sporting Director started.

I’m not even going to bother looking up the rest.

So what the fuck are you on about? I’m talking about a sitting manager when a SD comes in. Maybe think longer than 5 seconds Withnail? ☺️

6 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

IMG_8308.jpeg

So we’re not close to signing him. She says lower down the deal is complicated. Also imagine she’s written that based off the same info Hope had before Ryder quashed it. 

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Krafth, Murphy and Longstaff started yesterday. The squad may not be shit, but it's not strong.

I don't know why every one of our signings needs to be a potential superstar or a young player. Sometimes you can paper over the cracks for a season with decent loan.

6 minutes ago, TRC said:

I don't know why every one of our signings needs to be a potential superstar or a young player. Sometimes you can paper over the cracks for a season with decent loan.

It's just not the Newcastle way (unless we've been relegated). Can't remember the last decent proper first team loan we had, Distin? Discounting Hall obviously as he was all but ours the moment he arrived.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's just not the Newcastle way (unless we've been relegated). Can't remember the last decent proper first team loan we had, Distin? Discounting Hall obviously as he was all but ours the moment he arrived.

Remy 

With the owners we have, everyone will be expected to perform to an elite level, whether that be howe coaching the team, mitchell getting new signings or silverstone bringing in new sponsers.

Everybody has to be at 110%... no more "family run" vibe, this is now very "Corporate" and only results count

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

I'm assuming the general idea around it is for FFP purposes, with loan fees possibly being seen as a sunk cost by the club as there's no way of recouping anything from player sale.

I don't disagree with that general idea, but we have to be a bit more flexible as being fleeced for a ridiculous transfers fee for Guehi isn't smart business with Lascelles and Botman coming back half way through the season.

Transfer window starts all like:

A straight line exists between me and the good things.
I have found the line and its direction is known to me.

then goes all:

The one good thing in my life
Has gone away and I don't know why

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

That’s a concern like. 

It's why it's imperative to achieve European football this season and from an admittedly small sample size thus far this season we look nowhere near compared to those you expect to be around us. Something needs to change.