NUFC Transfer Rumours

52 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think they do care, but there's not a lot they can do about it since we will most likely get hammered if we invest more than allowed by PSR. Money isn't an object to them, why would they prefer to make small profits rather than huge ones by winning stuff via massive investment?

You answered your own question. Money isnt an object to them. The profit figures involved from winning something isnt significant to a state. We are a glorified sports advert for the country.

32 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

It’s 30% of what Peterborough get, not what Brentford get. Brentford have said it’s nothing to do with them 

And some sources claim it doesn’t exist 

If thats the case which makes sense then it’s a none news story. However thats not what the article states. 

39 minutes ago, SteV said:

How could we take a % of what Brentford get though? Surely we have nothing in place with them?

I agree it seems strange but article does suggest we are in for a windfall. It’s Ryder mind :lol:

If we can seal Guehi today, I'm hoping we can then direct all our energy elsewhere.

Clubs will now be getting desperate to find moves for players they have not been able to move, and the loan market options should open up.

Come on Mitchell man, make something happen.

Just now, Paully said:

To be fair flip, given Truss lasted 40 days I wouldn’t necessarily see that as a high water mark.

The best trend analysis is “how many right wingers have Chelsea signed since NUFC bought one”. My guess is close on double figures

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Makes no sense arguing about how long since we signed an RW. Firstly most of it was under Ashley, secondly we had a whole squad to overhaul. 

Which is true, but we have a £80m outlay on 2 LWs who the manager chooses to hardly ever start together when we've needed a RW for years.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Which is true, but we have a £80m outlay on 2 LWs who the manager chooses to hardly ever start together when we've needed a RW for years.

Yeah, but even if you think Barnes was a mistake (I don't), that's still only one signing.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, but even if you think Barnes was a mistake (I don't), that's still only one signing.

I don't think Barnes was a mistake as I think he's a good  r̶e̶a̶l̶ e̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ m̶a̶g̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ player, but it's puzzling at best that he can't get starts ahead of Jacob Murphy when he's been fit since February/March.

Hindsight and all that but I'd personally have rather spent the £40m we paid for Barnes on a RW last summer when we also had the pull of CL football.

1 hour ago, WinstonFC said:

You answered your own question. Money isnt an object to them. The profit figures involved from winning something isnt significant to a state. We are a glorified sports advert for the country.

Well whatever the reasons, they do care about their image. The point being if they want a sports advert for their country, they'll want success on the pitch to achieve that.

31 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

When we bought Barnes, Gordon was hardly established as our LW. He'd played on the right often at Everton, his first starts for us were on the right, in Europe for the un21s he played up front. He didn't get established on the left until after Barnes came. One of the main reasons we bought him, according to Howe at the time, was Gordon's ability to play right across the line.

Eddie on this summer transfer window: "You know there was every chance that this summer was going to be a difficult one. Difficult to navigate for so many different reasons. I am not totally surprised. When you are in my shoes you want the squad together as early as possible." Eddie on if this window can still be classed as a success: "Of course. It only takes one player to make a window a success or failure, however people view it." It doesn't feel like a success from where I'm sitting but let's judge after the deadline has passed I guess!

Edited by PauloGeordio

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Eddie on this summer transfer window: "You know there was every chance that this summer was going to be a difficult one. Difficult to navigate for so many different reasons. I am not totally surprised. When you are in my shoes you want the squad together as early as possible." Eddie on if this window can still be classed as a success: "Of course. It only takes one player to make a window a success or failure, however people view it." It doesn't feel like a success from where I'm sitting but let's judge after the deadline has passed I guess!

Is that jacket available to buy or is it for Eddie only?

8 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think Miggy not going in Jan has really kicked us in the balls this summer.

(I get it’s up to Miggy when and where he goes)