NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

So not particularly cheaper than Guehi but potentially a lot easier to actually get done. 

It's more than £10m less than the £70m we've been quoted for Guehi, at current exchange rates. That could be the difference maker in our pursuit of a RW either in transfer funds or allowing us to offer a more competitive wage to one of our targets.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

When he was linked with Liverpool earlier in the window, I remember seeing some German correspondent saying he could be got for less than his release clause, for around £40 million. I'll see if I can find the clip.

Oooof at £40m that would be lovely with the RW in my mind.

Really hope we get something sorted!

1 hour ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Did Keith Downie ever reveal the name of that RW we were after that he claimed he'd been told about?

2+2 = Noni Madueke 

Given how the last 7 days have gone for NM - we had to act quicker 

2 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Oooof at £40m that would be lovely with the RW in my mind.

Really hope we get something sorted!

I'm desperate for us to go down this route instead.

In the video I posted the German correspondent seemed very confident, and so we'll see how it plays out.

39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ferran Torres. 

Claiming he wasn't sure earlier on, but has come round to the idea, and would like a change of scenery.

Have we been waiting on him to clarify his situation at Barca perhaps? There's been talk of this all summer. 

https://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-transfer-barcelona-torres-concrete-offer

He got hooked at HT for Olmo. Writing on the wall for him.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

This close to the deadline you would imagine we would have to pay close to Guehi money for him.

Not if our owners have already had a bit accepted via Al Nassr. Then we will know the price. PIF playing 3D chess here :pow:

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This close to the deadline you would imagine we would have to pay close to Guehi money for him.

If they want €50m that's about £42m. Almost £25m cheaper than Guehi. No brainer for me.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just now, Nucasol said:

He got hooked at HT for Olmo. Writing on the wall for him.

Yeah, the article I posted alludes to the fact that he isn't really favoured there and the fans aren't with him.

I think he looked much better with Valencia when they played a more direct style when he was there, prior to him joining Man City.

And so hopefully that translates well for us, if we do add him before the deadline.