NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, nufc123 said:

Must say im really shocked how this has turned out. A total car crash of a window.

I think most of us assumed the money raised for selling Minteh and Anderson would be added to the pot to bring in at least two big signings. That looks like a pipe dream now.

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

If they have decided that Guehi is their number 1 target who will be with us for the best part of a decade, they may opt to wait year and try again from a stronger position of his 1 year left contract wise. 

I'd love to bring someone in as it's exciting and I'm sure there are players that would make some some improvement but I'd rather hold for the 1st choice than a backup for the sake of it. I think our 1st team is more than sufficient to get a European space this season. I don't think any player would get us top 4 at the mo.

Could we lose Bruno or Isak? Yeah, but think we will anyway. I can't imagine they want to just play in the Champions League, they will want to win it and we aren't coming to be close to that for years. Plus it's pretty clear that with the financial restrictions, selling is out key revenue earner. 

God no don’t say we have to go through this in January as well, surely we have some self respect.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think most of us assumed the money raised for selling Minteh and Anderson would be added to the pot to bring in at least two big signings. That looks like a pipe dream now.

I think what's most frustrating is that at least a decent amount of money IS clearly there, but by all accounts it's Guehi or nothing. That mentality is understandable if you're Man City and the squad just needs minor tweaks/poster signings, but taking our squad into account, it's hard to believe that there are no alternatives that would improve us massively. 

Guehi will end up going to a champions league club once his value comes down. 

I expected we won’t sign Guehi, but I genuinely didn’t expect we will sign fuck all.

Seriously no fucking way we don’t have a plan B for Guehi after being quoted a ridiculous price several WEEKS ago. Anyone with common sense would go and explore / prepare / enquire other options as back up. And? We didn’t? Not even a loan or what? This is genuinely ridiculous, incompetent, unacceptable 

Edited by Zero

0/10 this window so far. 2/10 for players in and out, -2 for allowing parish to publicly humiliate tge club so many times.

Go buy the wolfsburg guy. Don't care if Eddie wants him or not. Just offer 5m more and fuck palace over. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

0/10 this window so far. 2/10 for players in and out, -2 for allowing parish to publicly humiliate tge club so many times.

Go buy the wolfsburg guy. Don't care if Eddie wants him or not. Just offer 5m more and fuck palace over. 

;D

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

I mind in the Minteh thread all the wait till you see the marquee signing we get for RW.

turned out well. An empty shirt 

I understand the whole 'this is the one we want' factor with certain players. VVD was that for Liverpool, but are you honestly telling me that Marc Guehi is the only player that does what we need of him to the extent that we'll just not bother getting anyone else that ticks 99/100 boxes? I don't buy that for a second like. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think what's most frustrating is that at least a decent amount of money IS clearly there, but by all accounts it's Guehi or nothing. That mentality is understandable if you're Man City and the squad just needs minor tweaks/poster signings, but taking our squad into account, it's hard to believe that there are no alternatives that would improve us massively. 

Guehi will end up going to a champions league club once his value comes down. 

Guehi has got Liverpool all over him as a VVD replacement. £40m next summer, maybe even a move for more in January so he can be bedded in.

Another player missed out to a direct rival we eventually want to challenge.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

According to reports it’s Guehi or nothing as Howe only wants Guehi which seems a bit weird 

Man ... if the window closes without us going for someone else, with the Guehi deal having fallen through, I fear that might be it for me, and i'm going over to the dark side. I will wait until then.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Guehi has got Liverpool all over him as a VVD replacement. £40m next summer, maybe even a move for more in January so he can be bedded in.

Another player missed out to a direct rival we eventually want to challenge.

My therapist would have a field day with this statement. :lol: 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I understand the whole 'this is the one we want' factor with certain players. VVD was that for Liverpool, but are you honestly telling me that Marc Guehi is the only player that does what we need of him to the extent that we'll just not bother getting anyone else that ticks 99/100 boxes? I don't buy that for a second like. 

It’s a silly comparison at the basic level, Vvd was as close to a flawless cb as you could find, Mark Guehi for his strengths is even close and has the obvious flow of being pretty weak in the air. 

Also, the league has move on from when Liverpool bought VVD it’s much more competitive now and as many others have pointed out , standing still and waiting around is going backwards   

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I have so much to say about this, but it can wait till tomorrow.

But yeah, if this is what's going on, then even further changes might be needed at the club.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

So why do you think they aren't going for anyone else? Do we think they are incompetent and useless? 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man ... if the window closes without us going for someone else, with the Guehi deal having fallen through, I fear that might be it for me, and i'm going over to the dark side. I will wait until then.

You’re not coming over mate, we won’t let you. I’m not even sure we should let @Rich in yet 

Window is a 2/10, we kept Bruno and Isak otherwise it would be a zero.

Tosin - we got played by the player.

Guehi - 4 week saga

Osula - Hasn't played a minute

Vladdy - PSR dodgy deal, chance we get punished for it

Anderson - 15m is the true price shame for him to leave

Minteh - sold to a rival, would likely be our starting RW too.

Ruddy - Not sure why we brought him in

Havent been able to shift - Lewis, Hayden, Miggy, Fraser, Targett, Dubravka.