NUFC Transfer Rumours

Can't wait for our only further incoming is nobody or our 3rd keeper of the window, results build momentum but off field progress also drives that momentum too. Lack of sponsorships and lack of news of the future of the stadium have made this feel like a stale or backwards period since take over. 

6 minutes ago, maze said:

Roll on Sunday; Without any further transfers it’s pointless following NUFC this season. 

A big write-off for me, and time well spent elsewhere. 

All you did was piss and moan when we finished 4th - so I'd say its a waste of time you following NUFC any season

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I am genuinely more sick with how our own super fans are taking this window. 

Not sure what this means. It’s understandable to be disappointed at how this window’s played out, man. Still a day to go though so let’s see…

How long until our board realises there’s an agenda against us by some clubs that will bait us before calling the deal off at the last minute? The sooner we realise that there are PL clubs that have decided they will never do business with us but look to keep us occupied to waste our time, the better.

So far (and it's not looking promising), this window could be the worst of all, including where we kept our "powder dry" and only bought Vurnon Anita after doing really well the season before. As a few have said, if you stand still you get overtaken. It's very disappointing.

I keep seeing stuff like "Well it'll be Chalobah or Disasi on loan and that'll be it". I don't think even that is likely at this point, window feels like a write-off unfortunately. Hopefully once this damn thing slams shut, we can focus on having a decent season. I'm as frustrated and bored as anyone like.

Just now, sempuki said:

So far (and it's not looking promising), this window could be the worst of all, including where we kept our "powder dry" and only bought Vurnon Anita after doing really well the season before. As a few have said, if you stand still you get overtaken. It's very disappointing.

We will be lucky to finish top10 this season 

I don't feel too emo about the state of the squad if we do no more business. I think retaining our stars has been a massive win, TBH. However, Eales comments about EH being told to focus on coaching the team got on my radar immediately, and I am concerned about what the lack of progress on developing the first team says about what's happening with power dynamics behind the scenes.

By all accounts we have the money and are able to spend it, but we haven't. That's #worrying.

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I am genuinely more sick with how our own super fans are taking this window. 

Dude this 100% the takes on here the past few weeks have been real bad but today they've been unbearable and (if we don't bring any new faces in) tomorrow will be a day to give the forum a miss for sure. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I don't feel too emo about the state of the squad if we do no more business. I think retaining our stars has been a massive win, TBH. However, Eales comments about EH being told to focus on coaching the team got on my radar immediately, and I am concerned about what the lack of progress on developing the first team says about what's happening with power dynamics behind the scenes.

By all accounts we have the money and are able to spend it, but we haven't. That's #worrying.

If nothing else comes from this window other than Howe doing his job coaching and Mitchell bringing in future players unhindered, I'll count it as a win.

Just now, cubaricho said:

Dude this 100% the takes on here the past few weeks have been real bad but today they've been unbearable and (if we don't bring any new faces in) tomorrow will be a day to give the forum a miss for sure. :lol: 

I feel like it says something that the Americans are the one that seem to take everything so rationally. Then again that may be because your clubs can move the other side of the country on a dime :lol: 

Do some people prefer the excitement (disappointment in this case) of a transfer window more than the actual game of football itself?

Didn’t know so many fans have such extensive scouting dossiers and know who we should have signed. All those other clubs in Europe are so dumb. 

Like real life FM on here. 

16 minutes ago, maze said:

Roll on Sunday; Without any further transfers it’s pointless following NUFC this season. 

A big write-off for me, and time well spent elsewhere. 

We’ve had worse. It’s disappointing for sure but hardly a write off. No chance of top 4 tho. If Howe has insisted it’s Guehi or nothing it’s a hell of a gamble 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Imagine being unable to cope with a poor transfer window..  Considering our history with them in the recent past.  It's beyond embarrassing.  

So entitled.

Support the team, not the regime. Or is it the other way around now. Fuck knows. Disappointed we're not getting the CB we need, still think we'll push top 5 and it'll be an enjoyable season. 

I'm not equating returning players to new signings but if we avoid another injury crisis then we're not 'standing still' anyway; not in the same way we were in the Anita and Remy summers. For starters, there's £52million worth of talent whose introduction to the team was basically postponed for a season. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that everyone is on the same page behind the scenes: content to work with the brilliant team we've already built, take the PSR 'win' and splurge later when our top targets are truly attainable.