NUFC Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tbh, I think the most frustrating thing about the whole window for me is that it has highlighted how far away we are from being able to challenge the top clubs. 

I don’t mean that as a dig at anyone at the club either, I am more meaning this summer has shown possibly for the first time since the takeover that we aren’t allowed to compete due to the PSR/FFP rules in place. 

I am still frustrated we haven’t done any real business this summer, but yeah, any of my posts that may have been OTT in criticism at the club is more my frustrations coming out at what is being highlighted as essentially a closed shop. One that I can’t see how we break into regularly unless the rules change.

I don't see how we can, I agree. They have manipulated the rules into a place where they have a massive advantage, and no-one trying to climb that can match the income/revenue that they have. And that means we can't ever compete.

Be very interesting to see what Villa do next summer, will they be in a similar situation as us, or did selling the pair to Juve alleviate that to some extent.

Dress down day in work today. Was going to wear the tidy pre match shirt, but was worried It would be too embarrassing to be seen wearing a Newcastle shirt. 

I work in a Newcastle based office.

13 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

Barca and Chelsea should have a lot of interesting left overs.

I do not believe we will close the window without signing a CB or RW.

We also have a lot of players to get rid of one way or the other.

Mitchell must be desperate for a good start 

If Michell / Howe is willing to look elsewhere we should already finish our business and talking about the Spurs game. 

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tbh, I think the most frustrating thing about the whole window for me is that it has highlighted how far away we are from being able to challenge the top clubs. 

I don’t mean that as a dig at anyone at the club either, I am more meaning this summer has shown possibly for the first time since the takeover that we aren’t allowed to compete due to the PSR/FFP rules in place. 

I am still frustrated we haven’t done any real business this summer, but yeah, any of my posts that may have been OTT in criticism at the club is more my frustrations coming out at what is being highlighted as essentially a closed shop. One that I can’t see how we break into regularly unless the rules change.

Aye, for me it all started with timeEd's FFP research.. before that I was convinced we're spending £150m on a world class winger, backup striker, top CB. Now it looks more likely than ever that in order to progress to 'elite level' we need a lot more time, resources and patience. For example, selling Isak and Bruno, as much as it pains me to say it, should be expected next summer.

We are majorly screwed by FFP. Our inability to shift players post the PSR deadline always meant that there's room only for a single player on a not very high contract in order to meet the UEFA criteria. So we put all our eggs in the Guehi basket. For me Ashworth and Amanda's coinciding exits are what caused the planning for the window to suffer. They're not scouts but they were the people who made the strategic multimillion decisions.. for example if Ashworth had stayed we might've sold Joelinton but kept Minteh etc..

Aanyway, this summer was a big opportunity missed but it's not the end of the world, we're still capable of a good season unless the bad feeling encompasses the club. We as fans shouldn't allow that in the stands. I'm confident Eddie will handle the dressing room. 

Edited by junkhead

The transfer window will close at 23:00 BST on Friday for the Premier League, English Football League and in Scotland.

Across Europe, the Bundesliga window will close at 19:00, Ligue 1 22:00 and in Serie A and La Liga it is 23:00 BST.

I definitely think the window is likely to end up a poor one from improving the first team, but at least padded out the squad with some players that will help. I don't want to be too hard on the club as every window since January 2022 we've added a player who become key first teamer and this is only time it isn't. We've didn't have that experience for many window and years under Ashley where banking money was the priority. And the difference now is we aren't spending big on a first teamer as we couldn't get the name at the right deal, and I'm confident they will spend even more in future windows. Disappointing, but our squad it's best it been in a very long time. Might struggle for top 4 as so many other teams has improved, but we shouldn't be far away from it.

Edited by hakka
Typos

Just now, hakka said:

I definitely think the window os likely to end up a poor one from improving the first team, but at least padded out the squad with some players that will help. I don't want to be too hard on the club as every window since January 2022 we've added a player who become key first teamer and this is only time it isn't. We've had that experience for many window and years under Ashley. And the difference now is we aren't spending big on a first teamer as we couldn't get the name at the right deal, and I'm confident they will spend even more in future windows. Disappointing, but our squad it's best it been in a very long time. Might struggle for top 4 as so many other teams has improved, but we shouldn't be far away from it.

We didn't add a first teamer in January. Don't see Harrison being ready yet. 

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

We didn't add a first teamer in January. Don't see Harrison being ready yet. 

Oh yeah, somehow missed that one. :sad: Still, we've done a lot. PSR was to blame for that window tbf.

13 minutes ago, TBG said:

Dress down day in work today. Was going to wear the tidy pre match shirt, but was worried It would be too embarrassing to be seen wearing a Newcastle shirt. 

I work in a Newcastle based office.

Call me optimistic, but I have my "Guehi - 3" shirt on.

4 hours ago, McDog said:

Even the most positive of us have to reluctantly admit there is something not quite right.

As someone who is probably overly optimistic when it comes to post-Ashley Newcatle, I have absolutely no idea. 

It could be as innocent as our summer planning being disrupted by the mid-summer upheaval or it could be something more sinister. The post transfer window fallout will be pretty telling.

11 minutes ago, hakka said:

I definitely think the window is likely to end up a poor one from improving the first team, but at least padded out the squad with some players that will help. I don't want to be too hard on the club as every window since January 2022 we've added a player who become key first teamer and this is only time it isn't. We've didn't have that experience for many window and years under Ashley where banking money was the priority. And the difference now is we aren't spending big on a first teamer as we couldn't get the name at the right deal, and I'm confident they will spend even more in future windows. Disappointing, but our squad it's best it been in a very long time. Might struggle for top 4 as so many other teams has improved, but we shouldn't be far away from it.

Do you work for the club? 

35 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Tbh the Ashworth saga has obviously affected us way more than Man U. We thought he’s not in place for them so they’ll not have their top targets this summer and 2025 is the earliest he’ll have an impact. Meanwhile we can still benefit from the plans he will have put in place. 

it’s been the opposite situation 

All because we assumed and planned for getting £70m from Almiron / Wilson / Target etc. by PSR deadline, and didn’t get one bid (I assume). Which led to panic stations, taking a deal for Ashworth early, and all what else has come since.

13 minutes ago, Collage said:

The transfer window will close at 23:00 BST on Friday for the Premier League, English Football League and in Scotland.

Across Europe, the Bundesliga window will close at 19:00, Ligue 1 22:00 and in Serie A and La Liga it is 23:00 BST.

That’s incorrect 

It SLAMS SHUT 

Just now, The Prophet said:

As someone who is probably overly optimistic when it comes to post-Ashley Newcatle, I have absolutely no idea. 

It could be as innocent as our summer planning being disrupted by the mid-summer upheaval or it could be something more sinister. The post transfer window fallout will be pretty telling.

Hopefully the club are smart enough to:

A. Address the fans somehow and give a fair explanation (if they admit they got it wrong, all the better).

B. Try and get their ducks in a row for future windows, so they are singing from the same hymn sheet.

I agree with the above that something isn't right. It doesn't have to be the beginning of the end though. If they are professionals it should be the start of a new era.

Just now, Sibierski said:

All because we assumed and planned for getting £70m from Almiron / Wilson / Target etc. by PSR deadline, and didn’t get one bid (I assume). Which led to panic stations, taking a deal for Ashworth early, and all what else has come since.

We had an offer for Miggy we turned it down. Wilson is injured and Targett has been injured for 2 years. No way the club expected 70m from those players either btw. 

14 minutes ago, hakka said:

Agree Hakka lad. Good post. They have credit in the bank. :thup:

Just now, r0cafella said:

We had an offer for Miggy we turned it down. Wilson is injured and Targett has been injured for 2 years. No way the club expected 70m from those players either btw. 

Then why did we end up needing to do a dodgy PSR deal, take a lower offer we wanted for Ashworth, and luck out on Minteh? We must’ve planned/assumed we would get fees for players who were not key first teamers.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Then why did we end up needing to do a dodgy PSR deal, take a lower offer we wanted for Ashworth, and luck out on Minteh? We must’ve planned/assumed we would get fees for players who were not key first teamers.

Personally still think they thought Bruno would go, either that or they didn’t want to sell anyone before his clause expired.