NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

32 minutes ago, andycap said:

Plus is thuram a defensive mid? Or can play there. If so it would be a great option to have incase of change of formation. 

He’s not a defensive mid - he’s basically Joe when he plays LCM

I think if we like Thuram and a deal can be done at a price we're comfortable with we'll look into it. A bit like when we signed Pope - we didn't need another keeper, but he was available for a good price and he improved our starting XI (and therefore the squad as a whole).

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d love Thuram personally, also think another big physical presence in the middle is needed if Joeltinton is going to play wide left.

I don’t remember thinking we lacked a physical presence in midfield last season when Joelinton played on the left, as he often rotates positions throughout the game with Willock and drops back if needed.

Another midfielder should be a few notches down our list of priorities. 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I don’t remember thinking we lacked a physical presence in midfield last season when Joelinton played on the left, as he often rotates positions throughout the game with Willock and drops back if needed.

Another midfielder should be a few notches down our list of priorities. 

Bruno was definitely less effective without Joelinton next to him imo.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d love Thuram personally, also think another big physical presence in the middle is needed if Joelinton is going to play wide left.

nah.

our central midfield is well stocked with quality players who are worth a combined £285m.

if we sign another it means that a really good player is not going to feature much, which means we can’t sell them for as much.

in summary one more CM unless we are selling this summer is not a wise move.

1 minute ago, James said:

nah.

our central midfield is well stocked with quality players who are worth a combined £285m.

if we sign another it means that a really good player is not going to feature much, which means we can’t sell them for as much.

in summary one more CM unless we are selling this summer is not a wise move.

Or it means we can effectively rotate a position that we ran into the ground last season. We are still one light in CM imo.

I really want to strengthen our left back position first. Winger / CM up next. I like Burn but we can’t survive this season if we rely on him again.  Targett is obviously finished as well 

We didn't play with one last season but I think a midfielder who could play as a number 10 would help give us flexibility when trying to break teams down

Our only really diversion from our usual formation last year was putting Wilson and Isak up front which worked pretty well against Brentford away

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

I really want to strengthen our left back position first. Winger / CM up next. I like Burn but we can’t survive this season if we rely on him again.  Targett is obviously finished as well 

Bit harsh to say Targett is finished 

Midfield is a tough one as it's our strongest area but at the same time 4 out of our 5 CMs probably start in our strongest lineup. I think ideally we'd want 6 but RW and LB has to be a priority for our remaining budget. 

I don’t get the one light in midfield stuff. Guimaraes, Tonali, Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Big Joe is more than enough until January, then re-evaluate. FA Cup doesn’t start until,

post-Xmas, so it’s only three comps up to that point.

Thuram seems overkill in midfield, for me. You don’t want to upset the squad dynamic too much, and limit existing players game time too much. 

LB & RW (Jesper Lindstrøm type) are the priority positions that need to be improved with the remaining budget.

2 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

I don’t get the one light in midfield stuff. Guimaraes, Tonali, Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Big Joe is more than enough until January, then re-evaluate. FA Cup doesn’t start until,

post-Xmas, so it’s only three comps up to that point.

Thuram seems overkill in midfield, for me. You don’t want to upset the squad dynamic too much, and limit existing players game time too much. 

LB & RW (Jesper Lindstrøm type) are the priority positions that need to be improved with the remaining budget.

I wouldn’t fancy relying on Anderson for any period of time in the middle tbh

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We still look a bit short in the middle, especially if we're going to be using Big Joe wide left.

He can still be moved to the middle if we have a number of injuries though, with Gordon, ASM, Elliott or even Isak being moved to the left.

A few years down the line then maybe look to add that sort of depth but it isn’t a priority for us this season when a number of other positions have a serious lack of depth.

2 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Transfermarkt has this as 100% probability which seems a bit premature. ?

They also say he’s an attacking midfielder who also plays on the left.

No idea if he can play down the right or not.