NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

While the odd rumour can be exciting, I don't think we should look too much into it.

Realistically, who reported the Tonali and Minteh deals before we were in very advanced discussions with both player and club? 

Mount, Havertz, Rice - three examples of deals that were all over Twitter with every journo and ITK getting their grubby hands all over it long before any kind of conclusion was close. 

Give me what we're doing over a relentless stream of sagas. The new ownership have got incredibly little, if anything, wrong so far. We all know what we need, let's wait and see what the squad looks like when the window closes.

Edited by ads

26 minutes ago, ads said:

While the odd rumour can be exciting, I don't think we should look too much into it.

Realistically, who reported the Tonali and Minteh deals before we were in very advanced discussions with both player and club? 

Mount, Havertz, Rice - three examples of deals that were all over Twitter with every journo and ITK getting their grubby hands all over it long before any kind of conclusion was close. 

Give me what we're doing over a relentless stream of sagas. The new ownership have got incredibly little, if anything, wrong so far. We all know what we need, let's wait and see what the squad looks like when the window closes.

You cant hide discussions between premier league teams like the Mount, Havertz and Rice deals. Word always gets out. Foreign deals are a different story they can be easier to keep under wraps. 

“Ryan Fraser, Jeff Hendrick and Isaac Hayden are training separately from the first team and won't be involved in senior pre-season fixtures.”

What are we doing with these 3 you reckon? more loans or just bin them? 

1 minute ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Hayden could do a really good job in the Championship for 90% of teams in that league. I am surprised no one is in for him. As an Ashley era signing I can’t see his wages being that high. 

Think his injury record will put most teams off.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think his injury record will put most teams off.

And his wages. Same for all of our deadbeats unfortunately, Ashley signed off on these contracts because he thought with Bruceball we survive with a bit of luck and Maxi magic.

Let's not forget we were dishing out uncalled for new contracts to Jonjo and Ritchie as well on the same premise. Keep us up boys and we'll pay you more than you'll get at a proper club.

16 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Hayden could do a really good job in the Championship for 90% of teams in that league. I am surprised no one is in for him. As an Ashley era signing I can’t see his wages being that high. 

He has signed a new contract in the PL while he's been here though. At a conservative estimate he's probably still on 30-40k a week. Maybe more.

That would put him as one of the highest earners in the Championship. The problem we have is the bottom has fell out financially in the Championship. And even if a club is going to gamble financially to try and go up, at a push they're going to do it for a player who's guarenteed to make a difference at that level, not an injury prone defensive midfielder who played 12 games for Norwich last year.

Unfortunately we're going to really struggle to shift any of our deadwood without simply subsidising loans or paying people off. 

Edited by ponsaelius