NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, andycap said:

I think arsenal are missing a trick by not loaning us him with an option to buy. For one he'd not be able to play against them but if we had to fork out to buy him he would and could scupper there chances if they're in a title race. 

They might not be missing a trick at all, maybe they know more about his injury situation than we do at Newcastle, and are nervous that a loan deal might not end up in a sale if he gets injured for a lengthy spell.

Otherwise a loan deal with an option to buy should be fairly agreeable to them. Probably just dragging it out hoping either we'll panic or someone else will jump in with a straight up cash bid.

Brings back old memories, loads of old bars

Vimto

Refresher

Wham

Irn Bru

The best one IMO was a yellow colour with a bluey wrapper if I remember correctly, possibly beginning with B, but can't fully remember. Anyone think of what I mean?

Just now, Paullow said:

Brings back old memories, loads of old bars

Vimto

Refresher

Wham

Irn Bru

The best one IMO was a yellow colour with a bluey wrapper if I remember correctly, possibly beginning with B, but can't fully remember. Anyone think of what I mean?

Refresher was yellow with a blue wrapper wasn’t it?

Just now, Shearergol said:

Refresher was yellow with a blue wrapper wasn’t it?

I'm looking on Google, and that may well be what I meant, but didn't think it was. It was like a softer bar, less chewy and a bit tangy, but probably was refresher.

This is going to annoy me until I find it [emoji38]. I've messaged my brother and a few mates. I think it had a young lads cartoon type face on the wrapper. Must have been a lot less popular than the more familiar ones.

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Desperate Dan bar?

I'm thinking roy of the rovers bar, so along the same lines, but can't see the product, just the wrapper on images.

People are going to be thinking Tierney has signed, and it's just a load of irrelevant waffle [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Whilst we’re off topic do they still make frosties (the little hard then chewy sweets not the cereal)?

Loved these but not seen them in donkeys years.

Edited by NE27
New page confectionery wanker.

45 minutes ago, Ben said:

Wham bars and Highland toffee was my main food group at school, my guts must have been like cement 

Ah yeah man, those things were amazing. Also loved an Irn Bru bar too. There was a pretty good selection in the shop at regent centre metty