NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, BonesJones said:

Any truth in Lewis Hall being a toon fan? Would definitely help a little in getting him no doubt, any toon fan would be all over joining us right now!

Hopefully he's pushing hard for the move himself, if the rumour is true.

His dad is.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

His dad is.

Just hope his dad is the forceful type of parent then.

If we got him, I'd say it would be a good ending to a great transfer window. Don't think we'd bring in anymore than that in one go even if we could.

I'm basing this off nothing but I just don't think the cucarella or Tierny thing is remotely true.

Just doesn't seem like the sort of thing we'd do, we seem too smart.

Both are injury prone and overrated.

We'll end up signing someone we've never heard of and he'll instantly be a ballon dor level defender after 1 game.

Edited by Mountain

3 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I'm basing this off nothing but I just don't think the cucarella or Tierny thing is remotely true.

We'll end up signing someone we've never heard of and he'll instantly be a ballon dor level defender after 1 game.

I genuinely think Tierney will be a target and is attainable.

However Edwards does seem to be the journo of choice for feeding the fake links to :lol: 

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

I genuinely think Tierney will be a target and is attainable.

However Edwards does seem to be the journo of choice for feeding the fake links to :lol: 

Well I DON'T LIKE HIM (Tierney)

Nuff sed

Until he signs then i'll think he's great

16 minutes ago, Mountain said:

The Cucarella link seems random for sure, he just doesn't seem the sort of player Howe has rated in defence to now. When you think he's preferred Dan Burn over all other options despite being a CB in reality, I just don't see how a small and fizzy forward focused left back would be what he was looking for.

The Tierney links seem far more grounded given that we've been following him for months now.

33 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I don’t see what’s not smart in getting either Tierney or Cucurella in on loan. Can’t see it happening though, no reason for Arsenal or Chelsea to help us.

Edited by Pata

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd be happy with a RCB or a LB to be honest. 

Agreed. Getting someone in one of those positions strengthens the other anyway. 

Ideally you'd get a LB who can also play CB (Ake would've been perfect).

47 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don’t see what’s not smart in getting either Tierney or Cucurella in on loan. Can’t see it happening though, no reason for Arsenal or Chelsea to help us.

I respect your opinion.

Cucurella has been pretty woeful in my opinion since he joined Chelsea for 60 mil and is probably on extortinate wages. I don't think he's very good and I think he could set a toxic precedent.

Tierney is even more injury prone and I don't think he's that good either personally.

That's why I don't think it's smart.

Just my take.

I think our higher ups think the same.

2 hours ago, JJ7 said:

He did quite well there, but was utterly dreadful against Spurs when they howked us 5-1, and switched off at the wrong moment down at Chelsea in the same season. A bit of a stretch to say he’s been great every time he’s played there. I’d be worried if we got an injury and he was starting every week in that position, 

Incredibly harsh re Chelsea was a perfect ball and a rare good finish from Havertz.