NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, TRon said:

This is my take on it. Howe already hinted business was more or less done. I think would have to be a long term target becoming available to change that, and none of the names I'm hearing strike me as that.

Eddie can’t lie straight in bed! What he did say though is we can dream and I will :indi: If we get nobody else I’m chuffed to bits with the dealings this window. But our owners are very ambitious and never say never! 

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is my take on it. Howe already hinted business was more or less done. I think would have to be a long term target becoming available to change that, and none of the names I'm hearing strike me as that.

Nico is definitely a long term target. And fits incredibly well with the sort of player that would slot in as an alternative to Almiron on that right side.

Important to remember that we've the Adidas deal to come, not to mention a year in the CL and all the extra revenue that will bring.

If we can get 5 million for Lascelles and get his and Fraser's wages off the books that would go a long way towards paying for the first year of a big money CB in terms of FFP for this season.

Yes, that's cost down the line that we have to account for...  but we're gonna have a lot more money and fewer holes in the squad in the very near future. If we can make the numbers work on bringing in a new CB or RW right now, it'd be fantastic.

not sure i'd like to get rid of Lascelles yet, Seems like a huge character we need in this group for this stage in our growth. Only 29 howe and the players must highly rate him but hasn't had much chance with no major injuries in that area

Could be something in the Williams link. He’s out of contract next summer and Athletic may look to cash in if he isn’t going to sign a new deal. That, or we’re hoping to get him on a free next year. 

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Could be something in the Williams link. He’s out of contract next summer and Athletic may look to cash in if he isn’t going to sign a new deal. That, or we’re hoping to get him on a free next year. 

He's agreed to a new two year deal, but the release clause has been retained. 

Just now, El Prontonise said:

It's mandatory in Spain to have one, I assume it wasn't increased?

Nah.

@Ashit hasn't but it sounds like a formality. Sounds similar to what Brighton did with Mac Allister. Allow him to leave next summer but ensure they get a reasonable fee for him.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Nah.

@Ashit hasn't but it sounds like a formality. Sounds similar to what Brighton did with Mac Allister. Allow him to leave next summer but ensure they get a reasonable fee for him.

Mac Allister's fee wasn't exactly the going rate.

It's clear Ashworth has now switched his attentions to outgoings. I suspect he's been waiting until later in the window, in order to assess what the best financial offer we could get was.

It was rumoured that Southampton were after Fraser 2 months ago, perhaps theirs was the highest offer and Ashworth has gone back to them. Same with Luton.

If its a permanent deal for Hayden, we've done really well.

Just the Dublin Pirlo to kick out next.