NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

If we’re doing something in January it will be a player we have scouted for months and have big plans for, not a short term signing imo.

I disagree lad it's come out of the blue this tonali scenario. We will be like blue arse flies looking for a short term replacement to fill in the hole he's left. 

Short term fixes should never be looked down upon. We did them really well in the 09-10 season - Harewood, Best, Van Aanholt, Williamson, Routledge. Chelsea used to do them all the time - Anelka, Beletti. Man U getting Weghorst last year, them getting Henrik Larsson. Even way back, Klinsman to Spurs pretty much saved them from relegation. 

3 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Short term fixes should never be looked down upon. We did them really well in the 09-10 season - Harewood, Best, Van Aanholt, Williamson, Routledge. Chelsea used to do them all the time - Anelka, Beletti. Man U getting Weghorst last year, them getting Henrik Larsson. Even way back, Klinsman to Spurs pretty much saved them from relegation. 

Weghorst was a terrible signing 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Weghorst was a terrible signing 

Sabitzer filled a weak area for 6th months though. Ended up with a cup and finishing 3rd. If you can get the right one even if they only player a handful we definitely need to be looking at that sort of signing as an option.

4 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Anelka was permanent wasn’t he? Or did they loan him first? He was on loan at Liverpool like. 

33 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

My favourite short-term loan signing for NUFC was Helder. 

Why did we not sign him permanently?

Just went down a rabbit hole and saw that Deportivo are now in the third tier of the Spanish pyramid. That’s a bummer. 

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Amazes me that people are turning their noses up at Philips. 

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Especially now Tonali's on gardening leave. 

Having said that, by Jan, we could be out of Europe and the League Cup so maybees just get by. 

It’s more his lack of fitness, he barely plays and would take a while to get up to where Howe would need him. Of course if it was just a straight loan then it would be a no brainer.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s more his lack of fitness, he barely plays and would take a while to get up to where Howe would need him. Of course if it was just a straight loan then it would be a no brainer.

I get the fitness aspect, though I'm not sure Pep does training sessions a la Bruce, but he can hold his own as a DM. It's not like they have to charge all over the gaff. Just fill the space between Schar and Bruno. In my simple heed.

Might have to alter the way we play, a tad, but would allow Bruno and 1 other to have more licence. 

Edited by Groundhog63

16 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

We always had plans to keep Distin though did we not?

He wanted the same wage as Robert, and Robson had a hard-on for Bramble from Ipswich. Given Distin had a very good Premier League career for about 15 years I think it's one of the worst decisions we made not just to get it done. Him and Woodgate a year later would have been tasty. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He wanted the same wage as Robert, and Robson had a hard-on for Bramble from Ipswich. Given Distin had a very good Premier League career for about 15 years I think it's one of the worst decisions we made not just to get it done. Him and Woodgate a year later would have been tasty. 

A truly awful way to start the day imagining that. 

46 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Just went down a rabbit hole and saw that Deportivo are now in the third tier of the Spanish pyramid. That’s a bummer. 

I bet Alice didn't see that coming