NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

44 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s an odd one, Ekitike.  I viewed it as a bullet missed at the time, but if we’re still after the lad, then clearly Howe and the scouts know far more than me and see something I don’t.  The lad’s attitude seems off, or maybe he’s been badly managed at PSG

Perhaps we assume/know he's been humbled by how things have transpired? 

He's obviously a player we really like and he fits the bill of being able to play across the front three, hopefully good enough to play regular minutes but also young enough to understand that he has to earn a place ahead of Isak & Wilson.

Edited by Keegans Export

Not overly excited by either Phillips or Ekitike, but a loan with an option would be decent. Certainly wouldn’t be looking at an obligation of any kind considering the lack of football both have played over the last season or so.

13 minutes ago, NSG said:

think it’s two domestic?

no the rules just say (since 2022 apparently)

Clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time from other Premier Legaue clubs.

The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

thats literally all the rules on loans.

Edited by davidnolan13
had a look to see if there were any other rules i could find

9 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Well they'd both potentially start today so we could do with them. Only without any obligation to buy for me though.

Ekitike hasn't played a minute in over 6 months has he? Would be March before he's howe ready and then probably isn't very good

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Ekitike hasn't played a minute in over 6 months has he? Would be March before he's howe ready and then probably isn't very good

I did say potentially, but point taken. To have been able to start today he'd have to have already been here since summer so hypothetically he would have been up to Howe's levels.

31 minutes ago, davidnolan13 said:

no the rules just say (since 2022 apparently)

Clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time from other Premier Legaue clubs.

The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

thats literally all the rules on loans.

so it is two domestic then :lol:

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Fuck fitness man, if we got ekitike he'd be hoyed in like wood was when got him, unless isak and Wilson are available like. We went more direct to help with wood learning the function of the side. 

We didn’t play high pressing football when we signed Wood though.

wouldnt mind to dip into the Saudi market, for a loan or two.

every other club can loan players from there, so nothing to see.

more worried about them continue to buy up the dross from our rivals like Varane, Sancho for big fees who otherwise would need to be kept on their mega salary causing unrest for them.

if we cannot get a player from there when we really need a few bodies in, at least make sure they dont help our direct rivals offloading deadwood for decent fees