NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

38 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Teams find space behind our midfield all the time.

I'd take Phillips on a permanent deal as we badly need a proper DM.

I think we'll be in a position to buy a better player than him as a long term option in the next summer or two so I'd prefer him as a short-term fix only. 

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

Many thought the same thing about Gordon until Eddie started working with him. Eddie see’s something in Ekitike, that’ll do for me.

Yeah but Philip’s will be 28. Good stop gap but not much more imo. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

Trippier is 33, like. Footballers don't die when they hit 30 anymore. 

That’s true but we should be aiming higher than Kp long term imo. He’s barely kicked a ball for 2 years, let’s let Everton and west ham take these expensive gambles. 

We need more players in the Tino mould. 

We do need more young players, agreed. We have one of the oldest squads in the league iirc. I think Phillips is a good fit medium term and should be happy to be a rotation option, mind.

Howe would have the best chance of getting the Bielsa version of him back because the coaching philosophy and training methods seem very similar. 

Edited by Smal

50 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Not sure of the point of a DM, especially one who cant break through a press. 
It just doesn't feel like our DNA

Totally agree with this - IF we sign a midfielder, he has to be a hybrid one that can play all 3 positions 

Javi Guerra is a good shout - we have watched him a few times - such an elegant player 

Theres also -  Caqueret (played Miley’s weekend role when Bruno was at Lyon) - Kone - Koopmeiners 

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

We do need more young players, agreed. We have one of the oldest squads in the league iirc. I think Phillips is a good fit medium term and should be happy to be a rotation option, mind.

Howe would have the best chance of getting the Bielsa version of him back because the coaching philosophy and training methods seem very similar. 

And that’s the issue right, medium term means a couple of years. Given he won’t be cheap and his wages are decent it would likely be bad business to buy him. A loan without obligation sure but trying to sell a 30 year old for actual money won’t be easy imo. 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Totally agree with this - IF we sign a midfielder, he has to be a hybrid one that can play all 3 positions 

Javi Guerra is a good shout - we have watched him a few times - such an elegant player 

Theres also -  Caqueret (played Miley’s weekend role when Bruno was at Lyon) - Kone - Koopmeiners 

Not seen him play but i've read that Guerra's rather slow? Not sure if correct.

24 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not seen him play but i've read that Guerra's rather slow? Not sure if correct.

Nah I wouldn’t say he’s slow - average pace - on the ball he is brilliant - so perfect for us - kind of like Tonali in his elegance 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Many thought the same thing about Gordon until Eddie started working with him. Eddie see’s something in Ekitike, that’ll do for me.

I mean more.. he keeps making poor choices for his career. Moving to PSG was fair but he seems to have not applied himself well there. Had the opportunity to move to West Ham but would rather waste away at PSG. 

I liked the look of him but he's not being guided well in his career.

Not solving this in Jan, but I think we need an experienced holding mid, an attacking mid (more Dom Szobo mould in terms of ball ability), and striker who’s either an old head ok at third choice or young lad who can develop. 

think we all know that a younger CB and GK will need to be signed at some point soon too. 

16 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Not solving this in Jan, but I think we need an experienced holding mid, an attacking mid (more Dom Szobo mould in terms of ball ability), and striker who’s either an old head ok at third choice or young lad who can develop. 

think we all know that a younger CB and GK will need to be signed at some point soon too. 

4 positions 

CB - CM - RW - young forward 

Some whispers of Miggy back to the US in the summer - I’d be looking to sell Targett aswell 

Miggy must stay at least for the whole of next season. Ideally we either get a top top youngster in january like Roony B to compete and bed in for next season. Or we go for a top class and ready RW in the summer.

Edited by Ikon

2 hours ago, Smal said:

If thats true it must be because we have alot of old reserves.

Our first team seems pretty young if you ask me, especially if you count Livramento in there from now on :)