NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, nufcjb said:

How many fucking playera do we need to sign now with the Willock injury? And we're not even into December yet man.

I think 1 midfielder is a must 

If you look at Koopmeiners for example - he can play 6-8-both sides of a mid 3 - double pivot and on the right 

Would be nice with ex. Koopmeiners if we were to qualify for play-offs in CL or EL, but if we don't then Miley has shown he can step up seamlessly. Longstaff & Anderson are back soon too. It's just the immediate period before the transfer window opens that will be nerve wrecking as we're on bare bones if one more central midfielder gets injured.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

How long is Willock out for??

I think 6 weeks is the earliest we may see him - could be longer - have to let it settle - the fact this is the 2nd occasion is worrying 

Hope I am wrong 

Only seen Roony once, is he an Odegaard style player? Attacking midfielder with excellent dribbling technique? I’d say, Odegaard’s the ideal player for us even though his own dribbling technique isn’t amazing. His vision and shooting from the edge of the box is exceptional 

10 hours ago, gbandit said:

Only seen Roony once, is he an Odegaard style player? Attacking midfielder with excellent dribbling technique? I’d say, Odegaard’s the ideal player for us even though his own dribbling technique isn’t amazing. His vision and shooting from the edge of the box is exceptional 

Not at all. He's a right winger. HBA-like with less trickery and more work effort.

Miley's emergence has made CM less of a priority IMO. If Willock is back in January, we have 6 to choose from in 3 positions. 

If Botman returns, that's another area where I think they would wait until the summer.

Personally, I'd be all over another attacking wide/forward. Someone like Ekitike, even if it's not him.

I’ll be staggered if we make a permanent signing in January like. If we do, it’ll be an opportunistic one if one of our main targets suddenly becomes available.

I think it’ll be a CM and/or a young forward on loan. I’d be more than content with that. 

In terms of January, I guess how active we are will depend on the injury situation

If we get a fair few of the players back by then (and depending on Europe situation) our squad will suddenly look a lot stronger and able to cope with the second half of the season

2 hours ago, NSG said:

I’ll be staggered if we make a permanent signing in January like. If we do, it’ll be an opportunistic one if one of our main targets suddenly becomes available.

I think it’ll be a CM and/or a young forward on loan. I’d be more than content with that. 

Likewise.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of loanees come in - maybe one or both with a permanent move guaranteed in the summer.  

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

This is the last season where there will be serious FFP constraints you’d think.  21/22 drops off the FFP assessments next season - and that’s when we were operating the Ashley model and having to spend a huge sum in January to pull us out of the shit.  

Its all amortization so there will be no steep drop off in FFP constraints. Its gonna be incremental as we slowly increase our commercial revenue.

49 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Its all amortization so there will be no steep drop off in FFP constraints. Its gonna be incremental as we slowly increase our commercial revenue.

You’re right of course re transfer fees, but 21/22 was the last year where we had all-Ashley commercials, and also we finished bottom half, so the TV & prize money was lower.  Last year and this year will see considerable improvements in revenues, so once we’re into next year the final Ashley season drops off. 

3 hours ago, BullyDogs said:

We need 3 or 4 in January I think we will end up with 2 though

A midfielder and a striker is an absolute must though

Midfielder definitely is for me - I’m in a few minds about which position I’d strengthen after that.  Obviously as you’ve pointed out, we have the centre forward issue (both players are first-class PL strikers, but both also appear to be made of cobwebs), but I also think we’re short at centre half and right wing.  

I’d be amazed if we don’t sign a right winger, centre half and a young / back up striker by the end of next summer, though.