NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’re right of course re transfer fees, but 21/22 was the last year where we had all-Ashley commercials, and also we finished bottom half, so the TV & prize money was lower.  Last year and this year will see considerable improvements in revenues, so once we’re into next year the final Ashley season drops off. 

Even with lower revenue, financials under Ashley werent bad. Its actually what allowed us to spend big early on.

Edited by Displayname

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Midfielder definitely is for me - I’m in a few minds about which position I’d strengthen after that.  Obviously as you’ve pointed out, we have the centre forward issue (both players are first-class PL strikers, but both also appear to be made of cobwebs), but I also think we’re short at centre half and right wing.  

I’d be amazed if we don’t sign a right winger, centre half and a young / back up striker by the end of next summer, though. 

Yes if Botman ends up needing surgery and I imagine they’ll know next month if he can’t come back following conservative management they’re going to have to look at CB. Midfield definitely key as you say though. I would also imagine they’ll keep an eye out for a ‘’forward’ who can play RW and up front.

3 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Even with lower revenue, financials under Ashley werent bad. Its actually what allowed us to spend big early on.

Financials were bad, please don’t believe this rubbish. We are the only the club in the league during Ashley’s tenure to have flat revenue growth, a truly remarkable feet. Not to mention how he made us a toxic asset. 

“Here lads, good news everyone, I’ve flatlined your club’s growth for 14 years while lining my own pockets. In a period of unprecedented financial growth, you’re the only club that’s gone backwards respectively. Enjoy the financials though”

In the 21/22 season we did have half a year with bigger amortization/contracts cost and a full year with Mike Ashley revenue though, so probably will be helpful to get it off the books when I think about it.

But the 22/23 season will be even better, even if we finished 4th. Still had low commercial revenue.

Edited by Displayname

49 minutes ago, Displayname said:

In the 21/22 season we did have half a year with bigger amortization/contracts cost and a full year with Mike Ashley revenue though, so probably will be helpful to get it off the books when I think about it.

But the 22/23 season will be even better, even if we finished 4th. Still had low commercial revenue.

For 2022-23 we should still see a decent jump in commercial revenue, Sela alone should account for about £20m increase and then you have all the other smaller deals we did 

Just now, Displayname said:

Didnt have Sela last season?

Oh yeah, no idea what I was thinking 

Guess the jump will be a bit more modest in terms of commercial revenue then, overall revenue should still be decent thanks to finishing 4th and always being on TV

23-24 we'll have Sela and then 24-25 we'll have Adidas so big jumps to come 

53 minutes ago, Displayname said:

We did, and the noon sponsorship and a few others came in for 22/23 - and finishing 4th would significantly increase the prize money.  This season, there’s Sela + CL.  Next season adidas joins plus no doubt more commercial growth - and who knows, we might be in Europe again. 

45 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We did, and the noon sponsorship and a few others came in for 22/23 - and finishing 4th would significantly increase the prize money.  This season, there’s Sela + CL.  Next season adidas joins plus no doubt more commercial growth - and who knows, we might be in Europe again. 

Onwards and upwards :indi:

On 25/11/2023 at 07:29, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s an odd one, Ekitike.  I viewed it as a bullet missed at the time, but if we’re still after the lad, then clearly Howe and the scouts know far more than me and see something I don’t.  The lad’s attitude seems off, or maybe he’s been badly managed at PSG

Very odd one. Lad seems a bozo.

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Teams find space behind our midfield all the time.

I'd take Phillips on a permanent deal as we badly need a proper DM.

I think we are at a point where we should look to change the shape of the midfield, which might mean we move on a midfielder or two and swap them with a traditional DM and an attacking midfielder.

15 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Teams find space behind our midfield all the time.

I'd take Phillips on a permanent deal as we badly need a proper DM.

That’s more down to how we press rather than the individual though right? 

There’s always room behind the midfield if you can play through a high press. 

People have been saying we should change to a DM almost since Howe arrived, I'm not sure he will ever do it. It's the high press that leaves the gaps, you couldn't press and leave a DM back. 

In the short-term it might be done I suppose, if the right loan player was available. But I don't see it as something Howe wants to do. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

That’s more down to how we press rather than the individual though right? 

There’s always room behind the midfield if you can play through a high press. 

Good point that mind.

Our three CMs often stay narrow and in line with each other when opposition have the ball in the middle of the park.

Bruno is extremely slow as a DM and doesn't cover ground quickly enough when we're opened up.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

People have been saying we should change to a DM almost since Howe arrived, I'm not sure he will ever do it. It's the high press that leaves the gaps, you couldn't press and leave a DM back. 

In the short-term it might be done I suppose, if the right loan player was available. But I don't see it as something Howe wants to do. 

Howe wants us as a hive minded all as one cohesive unit pressing and swashbuckling our way to steamrolling teams week in week out. Ideally the most entertaining team on the planet. Buckle up! :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio