NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

We aren't Real Madrid. I don't think Liverpool, Spurs, Man United or Arsenal have multiple elite players in those positions either. We have much bigger concerns than that over the next 1-2 years.

I think the median talent of our midfield is lower than those around us, and the selection is too heavily skewed toward players who progress via pressing and ball carrying. Without Bruno, it looks bad. We could do with more technicians. 

56 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Miggy is a very useful tactical player, especially against the harder sides with our current style. He's far too hit-and-miss in the final third against the 'lesser' teams to be a regular starter though. 

For a winger his assist stats are piss poor and thats one of the main reasons trippiers are so high. Trippier is in essence doing what Almiron should be doing from that right hand side. Because Almiron cannot use his right leg for anything other than standing on it he simply wont create them chances

Edited by BullyDogs

3 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

For a winger his assist stats are piss poor and thats one of the main reasons trippiers are so high. Trippier is in essence doing what Almiron should be doing from that right hand side. Because Almiron cannot use his right leg for anything other than standing on it though he simply wont create them chances

This I think we've looked better with Murphy their at times because of this exact reason. 

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wide player you mean ? Can’t see 2 coming in, Barnes and Gordon left, Miggy and new RW right ?

Aye, one new right winger would be good.

I do think adding another top CF would do wonders for us too.

Remember how off their fucking tits Isak and Wilson were playing together late in games last season? And it just hasn't been an option this year.

I really think there'd be more than enough minutes available for both Isak and (for example) Osimhen if we brought in another CF, and it wouldn't mean just shunting Isak out wide.

26 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

For a winger his assist stats are piss poor and thats one of the main reasons trippiers are so high. Trippier is in essence doing what Almiron should be doing from that right hand side. Because Almiron cannot use his right leg for anything other than standing on it though he simply wont create them chances

Trippier is also able to do what he does because Almiron is effective. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Do they need to be though?

At least one does, yeah. Our most creative outlet by a mile is 33 year old RB. I don’t think it’s sustainable and away from home I think we lack the quality to playing effectively through the press into transition.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

At least one does, yeah. Our most creative outlet by a mile is 33 year old RB. I don’t think it’s sustainable and away from home I think we lack the quality to playing effectively through the press into transition.

I agree, but it doesn't necessarily need to come through the middle.

14 hours ago, Shak said:

Aye, one new right winger would be good.

I do think adding another top CF would do wonders for us too.

Remember how off their fucking tits Isak and Wilson were playing together late in games last season? And it just hasn't been an option this year.

I really think there'd be more than enough minutes available for both Isak and (for example) Osimhen if we brought in another CF, and it wouldn't mean just shunting Isak out wide.

Can’t see us spending what would be pretty much our budget to bring in Osimhen for a position where we have two quality players already

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Can’t see us spending what would be pretty much our budget to bring in Osimhen for a position where we have two quality players already

I'd say we have only one quality player, and Isak sometimes looks better as a withdrawn or wide forward. 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

I'd say we have only one quality player, and Isak sometimes looks better as a withdrawn or wide forward. 

Wilson as is good as it gets without being elite level - he’s a first class PL goal scorer.  We’ve two players for one position - to me, you’d want to get a young up and coming forward in as back-up, but an established star would likely eat up the entire budget

17 minutes ago, DubblyDubblyDubbly said:

BBC Gossip.. Newcastle United sporting director Dan Ashworth is a target for Manchester United to head up their new footballing department under Sir Jim Ratcliffe. (90min)

Given the mess of their club I cant imagine them waiting for a long gardening leave period to expire

28 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Given the mess of their club I cant imagine them waiting for a long gardening leave period to expire

They’ll probably have gone through three managers in the time it takes for gardening leave to expire 

1 hour ago, DubblyDubblyDubbly said:

BBC Gossip.. Newcastle United sporting director Dan Ashworth is a target for Manchester United to head up their new footballing department under Sir Jim Ratcliffe. (90min)

He's just getting started here and on a long, expensive contract. Though it's the 2nd time it's been mentioned, I can't see him moving on so soon and to such a poisoned club. 

1 hour ago, DubblyDubblyDubbly said:

They say it every week, clearly bollocks

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

He's just getting started here and on a long, expensive contract. Though it's the 2nd time it's been mentioned, I can't see him moving on so soon and to such a poisoned club. 

If he's already making good money, I think there is something special about building something from the ground up (in a realistic project) rather than trying to restore lost glory. Especially if you'll get the blame if things aren't fixed in two years. If he was a ManU fan then I would understand it though.

"depth is an issue"

Errrrr, we've got four senior keepers. I think what they mean is "the ones after Pope aren't good enough". Absolutely no point having Karius and Gillespie on the books if they can't even play a handful of games when called upon.