NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Because it was the start of the season, a bigger club came on for him and there is an obligation to make it permanent, I believe? 

I suppose if there was an obligation, they might consider letting Ramsdale leave. But that would still leave them short with no solid keeper option for a title challenge and the CL for half a season. They flogged Turner to Forest. So not even sure who their 3rd choice is. 

Possibly reading too much into it. But I get the impression Arteta and Arsenal absolutely despise us :lol: and see us as a threat to the top 4 status quo. So I think they’d be even more reluctant if it were us trying to do such a deal.  

No there's only an option.

His contract was running out though so he extended it by 1-year and went on loan with this option.

Mikel Arteta seems to copy everything Pep does. So I assume he's adopted the "no sad faces" approach to transfers and if Ramsdale wants to leave, they will let him leave.

I'm not against Ramsdale on loan. But again, I would see what Dubravka could do.

Edited by The College Dropout

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No there's only an option.

His contract was running out though so he extended it by 1-year and went on loan with this option.

Mikel Arteta seems to copy everything Pep does. So I assume he's adopted the "no sad faces" approach to transfers and if Ramsdale wants to leave, they will let him leave.

I'm not against Ramsdale on loan. But again, I would see what Dubravka could do.

Agree, I doubt very much we'll be in for a replacement keeper when we still have Dubravka to call on. He's been a very good keeper for us down the years, and Karius is there as back up.

I do like Ramsdale, just not sure he's enough of an upgrade for us to spend precious resources on him when he might not even improve us. I think a striker or midfielder will be more of a priority.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree, I doubt very much we'll be in for a replacement keeper when we still have Dubravka to call on. He's been a very good keeper for us down the years, and Karius is there as back up.

I do like Ramsdale, just not sure he's enough of an upgrade for us to spend precious resources on him when he might not even improve us. I think a striker or midfielder will be more of a priority.

If he kicks up a stink at Arsenal, Euros squad place on the line - they would let him go out on loan which is good for us. We won't be interested in a permanent transfer.

The priorities should be a forward who can pay on the right, and a centre back. Beyond that I think we could do with another CF, Keeper and if there is a deal to be done on an elite level midfielder then do it, otherwise we stick with what we have in the middle and keep Miley around.

RW is the only priority for me. 
We dont need another midfielder. We have Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Tonali coming back along with the 3 we have playing now. That is 7 "purples" for 3 spots. 
Even Burn can cover CB, and with Botman coming back, Lascelles is more than capable backup.

RW, followed closely by a young forward. We weren't great with Gordon in the lone striker. 

15 minutes ago, arnonel said:

RW is the only priority for me. 
We dont need another midfielder. We have Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Tonali coming back along with the 3 we have playing now. That is 7 "purples" for 3 spots. 
Even Burn can cover CB, and with Botman coming back, Lascelles is more than capable backup.

RW, followed closely by a young forward. We weren't great with Gordon in the lone striker. 

We absolutely need a new elite midfielder we simply cannot win a game of football when Bruno isnt playing

Wirtz would probably be around 100m euros. My dream delusional signing. Can only see him going to Bayern M, Man City or Real Madrid. Maybe Liverpool.

Edited by Ikon

27 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Didnt Rob get shown up to tell a few porkies last window? 

He hot a few that came off and a few that didn't, thing is even the o e that didn't, he could've been right only for those deals to fall late on for whatever reason.

It's always interesting as an outsider to hear players at the end of their careers saying stuff like " I nearly signed for Team Y, everything was agreed but the Mrs didn't fancy it" type stuff.