NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't get the Wirtz links. Plays at 10, small, right footed.. doesn't fit neatly into our system from what I've seen of him.

Similar to Guler who we were supposedly after. Maybe the plan is to have a more flexible system and to have more options.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Similar to Guler who we were supposedly after. Maybe the plan is to have a more flexible system and to have more options.

Guler is more of a right sided attacker/playmaker. He might very well play more centrally as a 10 in the future though. Wirtz is more allround overall as a player. Not that we have any chance of Wirtz imo. IF we could get him then Howe would want him no doubt and also make it work. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Guler is more of a right sided attacker/playmaker. He might very well play more centrally as a 10 in the future though. Wirtz is more allround overall as a player. Not that we have any chance of Wirtz imo. IF we could get him then Howe would want him no doubt and also make it work. 

I'm not sure Guler is, I think he was played wide originally to ease him in as everyone seems to see him as a central attacking midfielder.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm not sure Guler is, I think he was played wide originally to ease him in as everyone seems to see him as a central attacking midfielder.

Aye, in the future yeah. 

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't get the Wirtz links. Plays at 10, small, right footed.. doesn't fit neatly into our system from what I've seen of him.

He may not resemble anyone we have currently but he’s young, has good work-rate and is positionally versatile which are traits we usually look for in transfer targets. With his vision, passing and dribbling ability, I think he’s the kind of player we’ve been screaming for in the middle.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

He looks slight from the clips i've seen. Doesn't look like a central midfielder physically. He is only 20 though.

Not a Wirtz expert by any means just my observation from a couple of comps and looking him up.

I don't think he's a central midfielder?

4 hours ago, AJ9 said:

The priorities should be a forward who can pay on the right, and a centre back. Beyond that I think we could do with another CF, Keeper and if there is a deal to be done on an elite level midfielder then do it, otherwise we stick with what we have in the middle and keep Miley around.

Minteh (RW) Murphy (CB) 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, BullyDogs said:

We absolutely need a new elite midfielder we simply cannot win a game of football when Bruno isnt playing

Tonali 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

We always did have Miley in our thoughts for midfield though - and we are down a man with Tonali being out.

Not usually for a temporary signing but I think Phillips makes sense. All the rumours were that Eddie wanted him before he went to City.

Edited by ponsaelius

18 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

In terms of Wirtz would he not play out wide predominantly?

And move Gordon to the right you think?

I can't see it. He's much much better when played centrally. 

We're not signing him though. Not a chance in the world.

48 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I still think if Willock, Longstaff and Anderson are due back soon, the form of Miley means we won’t go for a CM in January.

Willock will be out for ages if it's a reoccurrence of his previous injury. 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

We could always play a different formation to accommodate a number 10

Nah howe seems set in his tactical approach if we did go for him he'd have an idea of were to play him or if he could make him a bruno type player. 

26 minutes ago, andycap said:

Nah howe seems set in his tactical approach if we did go for him he'd have an idea of were to play him or if he could make him a bruno type player. 

Does he ? How do both Gordon and Barnes fit? Tonali and Bruno ? At Bournemouth he wasn't a 433er. I think he wants to be flexible but we don't have the squad yet.