NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

So far... in a 433.. we've not seen Gordon and Barnes together have we? It's been one or the other.

I think the team would have been 

Barnes Isak Gordon

Joelinton Bruno Tonali

And tbh think that would have been class. Howe hasn't been able to use his two main signings.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally think he’s full of shit but:

https://x.com/Im_RobM/status/1733056776294076840?s=20

I think he got Minteh right which means he must have a decent source as no-one else mentioned it (and it was quite random). He's an attention-seeking tit but I think he has a contact. Personally, think we'll get Phillips and at least 1 other. Hopefully soon after January 1st.

CM and RW are an absolute must, as much as Almiron runs and has energy he is nowhere near technically good enough for where we want to be. Never in a million years does he get into any other team in the top 6 and the frustration of him being absolutely incapable of using his right foot is there to see every week. This is the reason Trippier has so man assists and creates so many chances because he is Almirons right foot

we desperately need a RW capable of whipping in a cross or creating with his right side down that side rather than seeing almiron constantly cut inside over and over and over again

A CM to just sit infront of Schar and Botman is also an absolute must

If we could sign Phillips until the end of the season to cover Tonali's spot, and add a top quality RW on top of that I'd be thrilled with that.

Then spend the entire budget on summer on two more top class additions at CF and CB.

Move on Murphy or Almiron to help with FFP.

No major departures and then go into next season with something like the following as your first team group.

Pope

Dubravka

Karius

Trippier

Livramento

Targett

Hall

Botman

New CB

Schar

Lascelles

Bruno

Miley

Longstaff

Tonali

Joelinton

Willock

Anderson

Gordon

Barnes

Almiron/Murphy

New RW

Isak

New CF

Wilson

Think that group would be far better equipped than this season's to compete on multiple fronts. Lots of versatility in that group.

Summer 2025 you go find a GK upgrade and try to bolster the midfield.

I like the idea of not having any major overhauls, just add a couple of top players each summer. We'll also hopefully have established a good group of young players by then too who'll be providing extra competition in some of the above spots.

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

If we could sign Phillips until the end of the season to cover Tonali's spot, and add a top quality RW on top of that I'd be thrilled with that.

Then spend the entire budget on summer on two more top class additions at CF and CB.

Move on Murphy or Almiron to help with FFP.

No major departures and then go into next season with something like the following as your first team group.

Pope

Dubravka

Karius

Trippier

Livramento

Targett

Hall

Botman

New CB

Schar

Lascelles

Bruno

Miley

Longstaff

Tonali

Joelinton

Willock

Anderson

Gordon

Barnes

Almiron/Murphy

New RW

Isak

New CF

Wilson

Think that group would be far better equipped than this season's to compete on multiple fronts. Lots of versatility in that group.

Summer 2025 you go find a GK upgrade and try to bolster the midfield.

I like the idea of not having any major overhauls, just add a couple of top players each summer. We'll also hopefully have established a good group of young players by then too who'll be providing extra competition in some of the above spots.

So for the next 18 months + you’re advocating a midfield 3 with precisely the same issues it has now? 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

So for the next 18 months + you’re advocating a midfield 3 with precisely the same issues it has now? 

I would have liked to have seen us tweak the system to some degree to incorporate a player like Maddison but I just don't think it's in Howe's plans.

My hope is that we can offset the lack of craft in the CM spots by adding wide players who are a bit better than what we've had in terms of their link up play and ability to find a final ball.

23 minutes ago, Shak said:

I would have liked to have seen us tweak the system to some degree to incorporate a player like Maddison but I just don't think it's in Howe's plans.

My hope is that we can offset the lack of craft in the CM spots by adding wide players who are a bit better than what we've had in terms of their link up play and ability to find a final ball.

Wide player you mean ? Can’t see 2 coming in, Barnes and Gordon left, Miggy and new RW right ?

A new right sided player should offer us more craft. I don't think Howe will ever have an explicitly creative midfielder in the 3 unless the player also has a strong physical profile. It would require a fundamental change of system.

If we'd signed Maddison he would definitely have played wide right in this set up, imo.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

A new right sided player should offer us more craft. I don't think Howe will ever have an explicitly creative midfielder in the 3 unless the player also has a strong physical profile. It would require a fundamental change of system.

If we'd signed Maddison he would definitely have played wide right in this set up, imo.

Szoboszlai looks like he would have been ideal for us.

I’d rather we develop Miley and Anderson instead of putting more obstacles in their way and spending loads on players in their positions. I dunno about anyone else but supporting the team is so much better when there are local lads in it.

Miley looks to have the profile of what we need as well tbh. Just needs more room to develop.

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

I’d rather we develop Miley and Anderson instead of putting more obstacles in their way and spending loads on players in their positions. I dunno about anyone else but supporting the team is so much better when there are local lads in it.

Miley looks to have the profile of what we need as well tbh. Just needs more room to develop.

Miley definitely, not saying don’t give Anderson a chance but I don’t think he will be a regular starter for us.

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Miley definitely, not saying don’t give Anderson a chance but I don’t think he will be a regular starter for us.

He might be if he could stay for for more than a month. His injury avoidance has been shocking, lots of hip and back niggles.

Almiron absolutely needs selling at the end of the season and replacing with a RW that knows how to use his right foot, id rather keep Murphy as a backup RW than sell him and keep Almiron. Everytime murphy has played hes whipped more balls in with his right than Almiron probably has his entire career here

Hes so frustrating to watch and for where we are aiming to be hes nowhere near good enough

1 minute ago, Jagten said:

With one elite player.

We aren't Real Madrid. I don't think Liverpool, Spurs, Man United or Arsenal have multiple elite players in those positions either. We have much bigger concerns than that over the next 1-2 years.

If we go for another central midfielder, we'd need someone like Odegaard who can handle the hard work in that area while being more creative.

Failing that, a playmaker who will sit in from out wide. Our current tactics see loads of tucking in from those players and they often take up AM positions while full backs and/or centre mids overlap.