NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I’d love for us to sign players this window but only for the long term, with any short term benefits being a bonus. If it’s the other way round and they give us a bonus until the end of the season but not significantly beyond that then just sack this window off

Restricting ourselves in the summer by buying now for the benefit of a potential place or two in the league seems daft, especially when we've got several players returning from injury as it is.

Long term all the way.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What would be a short term signing? Phillips and a GK?

Sommerville is a right footed LW. I don’t get that.  

Liverpool spent 16m on Endo. You can’t tell me there isn’t a passable DM out there in the world of football that wouldn’t do the job for us as a rotation player and to help our our team now. I’m all for long term thinking but ffs if we don’t plug the middle soon, and NO Barnes and Willock aren’t plugging that middle, we’re going to see the same overrunning of our midfield the minute the press isn’t working because the tired legs will remain tired for a long time. 

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Maybe short to long term - Whittaker and Rowe from the championship - CF, RW - then at the end of the season sell both Wilson and Miggy and replace them with higher calibre players

Phillips would be great both short and long term, so truly not sure why there’s consternation. Definitely a better player than Longstaff, who starts regularly. I’d say he’s on a par with / better than willock. Offers us something that no other midfielder we have does (defensive responsibility). No idea re finances but don’t buy the argument that the signing would be too short-term.

59 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Your mate Almiron is a left footed RW.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Liverpool spent 16m on Endo.

:lol: that signing felt very much like fulfilling a Career mode objective to “sign a player born in Asia.”

Edited by Deuce

11 minutes ago, Beth said:

Your mate Almiron is a left footed RW.

Started off on the left for us and looked OK there recently. Don't k ow why it's never tried, even just to switch things for a little.

24 minutes ago, madras said:

Started off on the left for us and looked OK there recently. Don't k ow why it's never tried, even just to switch things for a little.

Imagine we put him on the left side and he becomes chronically right-footed 

Edited by Deuce

Would be nice to get a player in who is an out and out RW in the summer if it’s not possible now. I’m all for players who can play multiple roles but we have a lot of players who are very comfortable on the left and hardly any at RW. Means that when we have one of Murphy or Almiron out then we have barely any options other than putting Gordon there, who’s better on the left