NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, andycap said:

It's very short sighted by the club if they think we can get away with no more injuries. We get three back end of January but could take three to four games to get upto speed. I'd get in three loans with no option to pad the squad and give the three coming back time to recover properly. 

We seem deadset on gambling on avoiding short term pain for long term FFP gain. I do think we will bring at least a couple of players in though, even if they are loans.

54 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Happens to fast bowlers though mainly right? Due to the bowling action? Not the type of area of the body that should be particularly at risk in football, no?

Yep spot on - so quite an unusual injury for a footballer to get - sadly one of those you have to get right before making a comeback

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Willock, Barnes, Anderson, & Wilson should all be back by the end of the transfer window, or in other words they're all unavavailable for another 2 league games at most. Likely having some impact on what we do. 

Barnes is literally like a new signing. 

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Willock, Barnes, Anderson, & Wilson should all be back by the end of the transfer window, or in other words they're all unavavailable for another 2 league games at most. Likely having some impact on what we do. 

Not sure they will be. Willock has been fucked all season and had no pre-season. 

Barnes’ return just keeps getting pushed back. Not even trained with the squad yet since the injury, has he? 

Wilson is made of porcelain. 

Anderson we have heard sod all about. But some murmurings that the injury is taking longer to heal than first thought.

Throw in the lads that have come back recently have all looked miles off the pace and perhaps rushed back due to our current plight. Then I’m not sure relying on these four is the answer.  

4 hours ago, andycap said:

It's very short sighted by the club if they think we can get away with no more injuries. We get three back end of January but could take three to four games to get upto speed. I'd get in three loans with no option to pad the squad and give the three coming back time to recover properly. 

By time to recover properly you mean until the start of next season? Because unless I’m grossly mistaken our squad registered numbers do not allow the addition of three additional first team players without taking the same number out.

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

According to The Times we are favourites to sign Guirassy, who has a £15m release clause

Would be a no brainer at that price 

We should, but we'd probably rather spend $60m on Connor Gallagher 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

According to The Times we are favourites to sign Guirassy, who has a £15m release clause

If that is the release clause then we should be gunning for that this window 

25 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

By time to recover properly you mean until the start of next season? Because unless I’m grossly mistaken our squad registered numbers do not allow the addition of three additional first team players without taking the same number out.

De-register Tonali, Manquillo and Gillespie and you’re sorted.

Although probably a little iffy de-registering one of the keepers whilst Pope’s out.

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

No thank you. 

9 minutes ago, SAK said:

Why the no. Isak and Wilson are pretty injury prone?

It’s such a short term move and a bad use of money. He’s 27 having one hot streak in a league renowned for poor defending. We have way less games lumped together in the second half of the season. 

Are you convinced we can get our money back for him if he comes in and flops? If so go for it.