NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I'd rather chew on my own testicles for six months than see that wanker in a Newcastle kit. That's based on his Liverpool years, not Sunderland.

:) 

Yeah, fair enough.  It’s more than likely a load of shite tbf

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s fair enough if you don’t think he’s got owt to offer football-wise.  I think we need reinforcements in midfield and if Howe wanted to bring him in I’m ok with that tbh. 

I'm hoping the Kalvin Phillips talk will materialise into our midfield signing for this winter. Don't even want to think about Henderson unless I'm forced to.

I think the Sunderland connection is a bit overblown in reality. Yes he’d get absolute pelters from them lot, but it’s completely inconsequential in the wider context.

If he came in, performed well and made notable contributions, I don’t think he’d have a particularly rough time from our fans.

I don’t see a move happening though.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Can’t find anything online about Milburn being a boyhood Sunderland fan. Another mackem urban myth?

Boyhood fan.  I don’t think the same venom existed in the 1930s though.  Makes sense for a pit yakker to be a Sunderland fan in the ‘30s rather than Newcastle in all fairness

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'm hoping the Kalvin Phillips talk will materialise into our midfield signing for this winter. Don't even want to think about Henderson unless I'm forced to.

100%.  I’d much rather see Phillips in B&W first game in February. 

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I think the Sunderland connection is a bit overblown in reality. Yes he’d get absolute pelters from them lot, but it’s completely inconsequential in the wider context.

If he came in, performed well and made notable contributions, I don’t think he’d have a particularly rough time from our fans.

I don’t either - though again, an ageing Paul Bracewell came in and did an excellent job for us.  There’s scores of Mackems who’ve played well in B&W. 

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I don’t see it happening, but I think it would be a good move. Adds some experience to the midfield and another body.

Question marks as to whether he can still run and play at the high energy that he’s know for, is probably the reason why it won’t happen. That and his wages. But I actually think that if this transfer happens and nobody in the league cares about the Saudi influence 

1 minute ago, khay said:

Of all the Saudi league based player and we get him. :lol:

Not sure his legs are up for Howe Ball. 

And he’s not at a PIF club - so weirdly, our ownership wouldn’t have owt to do with it.  Ahem. 

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Getting a fee for Longstaff makes almost too much sense

There’s plenty I’d sell before Longstaff. Not quite as important as he was last season but his drop off also coincides with the team dropping off. When he’s on form he’s very effective.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s plenty I’d sell before Longstaff. Not quite as important as he was last season but his drop off also coincides with the team dropping off. When he’s on form he’s very effective.

It definitely makes less sense as a short term move, but as a long term move, with Miley's ascendance, Tonali returning next season, and Longstaff's recent form I don't know where he fits into PIF's lofty ambitions

I wouldn't want to sell Longstaff but the issue with FFP is it actually encourages clubs to sell homegrown players for accounting purposes. A big fee for Longstaff (25 mill say) would free up breathing space for a load of signings. There's no doubt the club are going to consider the sale of pretty much all of our players depending on the interest and fees involved. That's the reality of where we're at.

If offered a very good fee then i'd sell. As a footballer i don't rate him highly at all. Very much like him though.

Edited by Ikon

35 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

"The club could be about to sell a fan favourite" 

With an injury crisis and a banned CM until next season. :lol: No they couldnt. 

Yep, right now it would be stupidity, but in the summer him and Miggy are probably our only players we could move on for a fee that we would be happy to lose, possibly Wilson too but his is more injury related than quality.